Chapter 14

Arissa wrapped her arms around his waist not letting go. "Don't go away...." she whispered running her fingers through his hair.

"I will see you in a month, Rissy." he said softly.

"But it's not soon enoughhh...." she whined.

"Be strong and then we'll runaway together, Arissa." he wiped a single tear away from her cheek. "Don't cry..."

"I'm not..." she laughed.

"You are!" he yelled at her.

"Okay..maybe a little."

He squeezed her tightly "I love you. " he told her kissing her lightly.

"Arissa! We have to go! Come on chicky!" Natalia yelled at her from across the room.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming."

"I love you, Bruno!" she reached up to kiss him and ran off.

"Umm, bye, Arissa!" he yelled as she ran off wrapping her arms around Natalia and Diego.

"Damn, bro, you even got her crying n shit." Eric walked up next to him to watch Arissa and her friends get into the car to go to the airport.

"She's got me crying too, E." he sighed as they turned around walking towards their bags.

"Don't do anything stupid, Bruno. You're too busy. You know you can't do that to her..."

"There's something different about her, Eric. I think she's got what it takes."

Eric shook his head in disbelief walking with his younger brother.

**

"Please don't tell me you told him you loved him, Rissy." Natalia told her on the plane.

"I didn't he said it first."

"Oh my god! Arissa Henderson. You are not going to do this." Anna grabbed her arm and shook it.

"What am I not going to do? He's so....so...I don't know if I can put into words."

"And what the hell was that drama downstairs last night?" Natalia asked taking a sip of water.

"Oh. It was nothing. Really." she shrugged looking out the window.

"Oh bullshit, senorita. You cried like that when we watched the Notebook. Those were ugly tears – like he someone just died tears."

"Nothing happened! I swear to you. The trip was perfect..." she continued to stare out the window.

"Did you tell him about Robert?"

"I bet that's what it is! She told him about Robert and that he was horrible in bed!" Anna said loudly.

"Shut up! There are children on this plane!" Arissa yelled back at her.

"No. That's not what it was about..." Bruno was the first person she had told about the rape. It was a huge relief to get it off her shoulders, but she still didn't want to tell her friends. It still stung too much. Even though she understood what he had said about it not being her fault, she still felt as though it was somewhat her fault. She still felt that night – even though she should have been feeling Bruno.

**

Arissa laid down on her bed looking at her black and pink suitcase.

"I need you to unpack yourself..." she said out loud. "I'm too tired....but I don't think that's going to happen...so..." she hopped up turning on her ihome unzipping the suitcase. After throwing things in the hamper, putting away make-up and hair accessories she dug into the bottom of the few items that were still clean. "Wow...I think I might have overpack...." a small velvet box fell out of folded pair of jeans. This guy...he doesn't stop. Her phone vibrated as she picked up the box. "Oh shit!" she screamed. She picked it up seeing the text "You are beautiful." It vibrated again. "They say we're compatable..." She responded with, "You spoiled it. I didn't get a chance to open it yet." She opened the box to see a sparkling silver heart shaped emerald and diamond interwoven together. Arissa touched it to see if it was real...."Is that a real diamond?" she texted him. Her phone vibrated with the response, "Why wouldn't it be?" "I don't know, Bruno...." she responded. Their texting continued for the next few hours. She ended up finishing unpacking and changed into her pajamas. She laid down in her bed with her phone in her hand. "Bruno...I need to go to work tomorrow." "I do too. So what?" "I need to sleep!" "Good night sleepy, head." he told her. "Good morning, Bruno."