Chapter 74

"Phew..." Arissa said with a sigh of relief. She was inches from the bumper, so close she saw little nicks on the edge of the truck. "Ahhhhhhh. No fucking way!" she screamed feeling a huge bump coming from behind them. They both glanced behind them to see a Mazada 6 bump into Arissa's Rav 4. Bruno held in a laugh as they came to grips with the reality. "Oh my god...."Arissa started to laugh with him.

"You know...it could be worse..." he told her handing her the insurance card and his license. She was still laughing at him. Taking her wallet from his hand made her start shaking.

"This is crap." Arissa said grabbing a hair tie putting her hair up in a ponytail. She slipped on her shoes getting out of the car. Bruno got out of the car grabbing his phone standing on his side of the door to call the police.

"I'm so sorry! She's just starting to drive..." the mother responded seeing Arissa carrying her insurance card.

"It's really okay..." Arissa said calmly looking at the beat up bumper. "It really, really is..." The teenager who was driving had tears coming down her eyes.

"I didn't mean to do it...." the girl cried.

"Here is our insurance..." the mother said handing Arissa the card. Arissa handed the mother her card.

The daughter ran to the car grabbing a notebook from her backpack. They wrote down all the information exchanging information. As Arissa finished writing the information down Bruno came up behind her. "Alright, the police are on their way..."

"Oh my god." the daughter, who Arissa found out was Miranda, was surprised to see Bruno walk from behind the car. "No fucking way...." Miranda took information from her mother. "And you're Arrissa!"

Arissa blushed at Miranda's reaction. "You went to the same high school...." she said looking down at her soccer shirt. "Everyone talks about you...oh my..."

"That could either be really good or really bad...." Arissa thought out loud. Miranda went on talking about herself and school until a police officer came up behind them.

"Is everyone okay?" the officer asked.

"We're fine..." Bruno answered. The police officer handed Miranda's mother and Bruno a purple sheet of paper.

"Go ahead and fill in your info and we'll get you all on your way. Oh..and can I see your licenses and insurance, please?" he asked.

"Alright...we've got everything..." the officer looked over the sheets switching them over.

"I put down my parents' address.." Arissa leaned over to tell Bruno.

"Okay." he sighed.

**

Arissa and Bruno walked into her parents' house laughing uncontronably.

"Oh my, you two are very happy..." Kelly said looking at them from the kitchen table where she was reading the newspaper.

"We had the worst day ever." Arissa told her mother flopping the La-Z-Boy chair in the living room which was facing the kitchen. Bruno sat down on the couch across the room letting Arissa tell the story.

"Well, I guess there really isn't much else you can do but laugh." Kelly responded after walking outside to look at the bruised car. "We'll take care of it after y'all leave....now let's go get you all some cominda deliciosa from Mamacita's...." Kelly said. Why doesn't Arissa have her mother's calmness? She freaks out about everything.... Bruno thought to himself.

They walked into the house again Arissa sliding into her mother's chair by the laptop. She googled Bruno wanting to see if anyone had found out about the events of the day. Bruno walked up behind her touching her shoulder.

"Stop looking at that crap." he said taking her hand off the mouse pad.

"It's too much not tooooo." she said pulling her hand out from his grip clicking on a link. "Bruno Mars in a car accident! Driving in rush hour traffic while in Texas, someone ran into him! Bruno and his passenger are just fine. No word on the car, though. "

"Come on, let's go eat..." he answered walking away.