Chapter 49

"Risss...." he sat down next to her.

"Oww..." she whined a little.

"I'm sorry..." he kissed her on the collar bone. "Baby...people were going to find out sometime. It's not like the people we know don't know..."

"I know...but it still scares me to think of what all your crazy fans are going to do. I mean, like really? You married a girl, didn't tell anyone and now she's all messed up?" Arissa started to worry about what was going to happen.

"Arissa....please...things will be okay. Remember the first few days after Milan? Those were bad. And now it's just like 'Oh yeah. They're engaged...'" He tried to soothe her nerves but wasn't very successful. She cringed as she went back to November of the past year in her head.

"I just....That was hard. And I don't know. If things were normal and I wasn't half dead I'd be okay with telling people...but this is just a weird time." she explained to him.

As he tried to find what to say to her his phone buzzed.

"Who is it?" she asked.

"It's Brandon."

"Maybe he'll know what to do." Arissa expressed her hope in resolving the situation.

"Hey, B boy.." Bruno answered putting it on speaker.

"I know it's late..." Brandon started. "But Lauren just called me frantic because E! and Access called within minutes of each other asking about you and Arissa...she didn't know how to answer. "

Bruno thought quickly as he got the information. "Umm...I guess I have to say something."

"Yeah. You've gotta say something..." Arissa said finally coming around to the concept hearing it from an objective third party.

"Let's do this..." Brandon thought out loud. "We say you two were married in a quiet ceremony in December, if someone asks. But if not we just go with saying Arissa is going to be just fine. And of course then you send your condolences and prayers to all the other families in the same situation...and then you perform at the telethon thing that Kutcher is putting together."

"But how do you confront the fact that he didn't say anything until March, Brandon?" Arissa asked.

"Bruno, that's on you, dude. You're always open about things. You decide what you want to say and what you don't want to say." Brandon told them.

"I don't really talk about my personal life, though. It's private...." he paused still unsure how to answer if someone were to ask him. "When you love a girl so much that you can't stand not to hear their voice, see their face or even hear them yell at you for being you, you marry them. And that's what I did. I couldn't ask for anything more. And, as much as I love that people know and care so much about me and my family, there are certain things I choose to share and others that I choose to keep private. ...how is that?" Bruno finished his profoundly insightful statement.

"That's a good answer." Brandon answered. I will get this statement out soon.

**

Arissa struggled to get Bruno's phone that had buzzed on the tray next to her. "Oww. Shit.." she said quietly as he slept through her struggle. "Ohhh.got it." she unlocked his phone (protected from the famous booty tweet) to check his e-mail.

Alright, bro. This is going out in a few minutes. Holler at your boy if we need to change anything:

Bruno Mars would like to send his condolences and prayers to the families and friends of those lost in the recent San Bernadino Earthquake. Personally affected by the events, Bruno would like everyone to know that his wife is stable, healthy and healing from injuries sustained during the San Bernadino Earthquake. To show his support of those lost and injured he will be participating in the Quake Quest for Recovery on March 28, 2012.

Arissa started typing a response.

It was perfect, B- Riss.