Chapter 70

"No! You are not doing that, Bruno." Arissa yelled taking his hand to go talk to him outside.

"We'll be right back." Arissa told Jenna dragging him through the hallway out the door to a bench on the backside of the courthouse.

"You are not doing this, Peter! No. I won't let you. Do you know what will happen if you do this?" she yelled.

"I know what will happen, Arissa. I know what will happen." he said quietly careful not to yell.

"You already suffer from what happened in Vegas...and now you are willingly accepting assault charges? You are fucking crazy." Arissa said throwing her hands in the air. "I am not letting you do this. I will not let you do this, Peter."

He sat down on the bench with his head down.

"Arissa...I am doing this. This isn't up for discussion. He goes to jail for what you did. I pay some ridiculous fine for protecting you and we move on."

"No! We don't move on, Bruno. We don't. I don't care what happens to him. I care about you. "

"I care about you, Arissa. And this is going to.."

"Going to what, Bruno?"

"It's going to make things better for you. You don't have to hide anymore. He'll be gone."

She shook her head contemplating what he said. He made sense.

"If you do this....I won't be happy about it. I will be so upset." she responded sitting next to him. "I just...I just...Bruno. I don't know."

"I know, Riss. It's not something that should happen. But it is going to happen. And...then you can be happy."

"Bruno...people are going to talk about this. You're going to be a bad guy. You know you aren't." Arissa told him.

"The only opinion that matters is yours, Riss." he replied.

"I know what you're doing, Bruno. I understand it. It doesn't make it right." she said looking into his eyes. He took her hands from her waist holding them.

"Arissa Hernandez. I promised to protect you. And that's what I'm doing."

"I'm still angry at you." she answered pulling her hands away from him standing up to walk back to the court room.

"You better hurry, up, Bruno. Someone's going to see you." she said turning around to see him still sitting on the bench. He ran up to walk with her.

"You always get what you want..." she told him.