Chapter 18

They walked in front of the other group members toward the cars.

"That hurt my hand, Bruno."

"You won't remember the pain of the fist in the morning. You'll remember the feeling of punching him in the face." he said kissing her hand.

"Had a dream I was king, woke up still king...I guess..." Kyle said as they walked to the car.

"What was that about?" Anna asked Ryan as they got in the car.

"I don't know, Anns. But that was serious...."

They were quiet for a few minutes as they got settled in the car.

"So...my boyfriend just punched my ex in the face....."Arissa announced. "At a bar." she paused thinking about what she was going to say next. Bruno squeezed her hand giving her support as she started to tell them what happened. "Because he...he...raped me."

The car came to a complete stop. "What the fuck Arissa?!" Anna turned around after putting the car into park in the middle of the street.

"When? Why the hell didn't you say anything? Honey! Oh my gosh!"

"You should have kicked him in the nuts, Arissa. A long time ago..." Ryan interjected.

**

Arissa and Bruno arrived home at 1 am. He sat down on her couch eyeing the seat next to her. She sat down next to him putting her head on his shoulder. She started to sob. He let her cry, again, like he did the last time. This time he started to sing to her. It wasn't anything she had heard before, but she couldn't really remember the words, the sound, or the melody because she was still in a complete state of shock. All she knew was that he was there for her, like he said he would be.

He grabbed the accent pillow that was laying at the other end of the couch to rest her head on. He carefully moved her head to the pillow as he moved her head. "Don't go..." she sighed with her eyes closed.

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart..." he said as he got up to turn off the front light she flipped on so they didn't trip on anything when they walked in.

"Thank you." she whispered as he came back to her with a blanket to cover them. She lifted her head up to let him wrap his arms around her. He kissed her on the forehead.

"Good night, Arissa."

"Good Moring, Bruno."