Chapter 16 Potion Explosion

When I woke up I took a shower and got dressed and then walked down stairs to the great hall for breakfast. I sat down next to Seamus and ate my bacon and eggs. The great hall doors flew open and a orange haired Parkinson followed by a bright pink haired Draco.

“Who did this” Parkinson screeched at the top of her lungs. I covered my mouth trying not to laugh. Crab and Goyal walked in doing a dance because their feet itched so much and then the other boys walked in stinking from the dung bombs. Seamus, Dean and I were on the floor laughing.

After breakfast we walked to our first class which is Potions.

“Seamus you’re my friend but I refuse to be your partner” I said

“Totally understand, I don’t even want to be my own partner.” He laughed

When we walked into class I sat at the same table as Seamus and Dean, Dean on my left and Seamus across from me.  Old Sluggie asked us all to stand around while he introduced some of the new potions. During his expansion Harry and Ron walked in late. “The next potion is Amortentia, the most powerful love potion but it is incapable to make real love, but yet so powerful.” Slughorn said

“It is rumored to smell different to each person” Hermione said

When Slughorn took the lid off of the love I smelled Campfire, a smell of fall and then a smell that reminded me of Aiden. The smells went away one the lid was back on.

“The next person to make the best draft of Living Death will win the vial of Felix Felicis, you have one hour.” Slughorn said, I walked over the supply closet and got everything I needed for the potion. I took my Sopophorus bean and tried to cut it but it couldn’t budge, I looked up and sat Seamus trying to stab it with his knife, I tried to cut it again but it went wising by Blaise’s head. Dean tried to cut his too cut it hit me in the forehead which made the boys crack up. I looked over at Harry and he was able to cut his, I walked over to him. “How did you do that?”

“Crush it with your knife don’t cut it.” He said

“Thank you”

I walked back to my seat and did as he said and it worked, I added water to my cauldron and then added the rest of the ingredients to my cauldron. I looked up at Seamus was holding his head over his cauldron and he was adding valerian root, this as usual his potion exploded in his face. Dean and I were laughing are head off, looking at Seamus he had singed hair and eye brows and his face smudged all black from the explosion. In the end Harry won the Felix Felicis.

After are full week of class it was finally the weekend, I wrote to Aiden telling him about my first week of class, walking back from the owlry I walked to the Quidditch pitch to watch try outs, I sat next to Hermione and we sat in silence for a little. Cormac McLaggen  was up trying out for keeper and I saw him wink at Hermione. “He wants you” I whispered

“Ugh he’s just so…vial” she huffed

“I know what you mean” I laughed.

Mclaggen was about so stop the quaffle but I heard Hermione whisper something and Mclaggen was forced to the side, I knew Hermione did it I held up my hand and we high fived.   Ron was up and he did great, Lavender Brown was in front of us and she was so excited ha he was jittery. I leaned in and whispered to Hermione if she gets anymore hyper I think she might explode” Hermione let out a little laugh. That night Harry, Ron and Hermione and I sat in the common room listening to Ron about Quidditch   while we did our own little thing.

“Well I’m going to bed; I’ll see you all in the morning.” I got up and walked up the stairs, I changed into boxers and Aiden’s long sleeve bark maroon colored shirts with the Durmstang seal on it. I walked to the boy’s room and sat on Dean’s bed. “Hey do you want to meet up at Honeydukes tomorrow?” I asked Dean and Seamus, “Sure” Dean said “Sounds like fun” said Seamus

“Great, I’ll see you in the morning” I said getting up and giving them each a hug and left.