Chapter 8- Not Cool Enough For School?

I start getting used to waking up by the roosters annoying crowing after a week of non-stop torture. But before I know it, it's time for school.

I am peacefully sleeping in my bedroom when Logan bursts into my room on a dull Monday morning. Or is it still Sunday night? It is pitch black outside my window by the time I get up.

"Ever heard of privacy?" I grumpily rub my eyes and sit up after his grand entrance.

"Whatever, you're going to be late for school!"

I blink a couple times. I forgot I still had to go to school.

I groan. "Ugh, it's so early, even the roosters are still sleeping!"

"Well, you are going to be ready in ten minutes no matter what your excuse is. I'll be waiting downstairs!" And with that, Logan vanishes, leaving me to decide what to wear.

Five minutes later, I am hastily brushing my hair as a toothbrush wiggles around in my mouth. After I splash cold water on my face to wake me up, I head downstairs where Logan awaits with two bagels. He tosses one to me and hands me a heavy backpack.

The next thing I see is the bus coming down the winding road, or shall I say did not see, because the headlights blind me. I clutch on to Logan's arm and climb up the steps to sit next to him in the dimly lit bus. I immediately start dozing off on his shoulder.

I feel someone moving my pillow, a.k.a. Logan. "Anna, wake up! We're here!" I jolt my head up and find an annoyed Logan gesturing out the window to the soon approaching brick building.

I frantically fix my hair and step off the bus, following Logan to what looks like the main office. On the way there, I feel everyone's eyes scanning over me and whispering amongst themselves.

I decide to ignore them, like I did at my old school. Logan talks to the lady at the desk, who hands him a piece of paper. He pulls me through a crowded hall.

"I'm taking you to your locker," Logan shouts over the chaos.

I nod, understanding. We reach a narrow teal locker and I am handed the piece of paper with the combo on it.

"I have three classes with you, but I'm afraid you'll have to be on your own for the other half," He looks at me with a worried expression on his face as I dump my school supplies in the locker.

Why is he so worried? I was the popular girl before, so now I'm going to be fine.

"Don't worry about me, I'm popular," I give him a smile while slamming my locker shut. After Logan gives me another worries expression, he disappears into the crowd.

I look at my schedule and find that I have math in room 48. I make my way through the crowded hallway for a few minutes without any luck finding the classroom before deciding to ask for help.

I tap on a random girl's shoulder.

She turns around smiling until she sees that it's me.

"What does the rich city girl want from me?" She snaps.

And I admit, she does catch me off guard. I blink a couple times. "Do you know where room 48 is?" I ask, following her through the hallway.

She sneers.

"It's a portable, dummy, if you knew how to read instead of partying with celebrities all day, you would notice it's written as clear as daylight on my schedule."

I look down at my schedule and see that she's right. But not about the first part. hate it when people classify me as a stereotypical New York party girl. Yes, I admit, I do like shopping, but I am certainly not dumb, I don't do parties.