Chapter - 20

• Delivery chor •

✧⁠✧

"Ma, it's Saturday tomorrow. I'll be here. Don't worry about it. Vidhart Bhai and I will handle everything." Maithili spoke while handing over the cup of tea to her and Vidhart as she sat down to finish her own breakfast.

Fridays at the office were the busiest and most hectic days, she was supposed to leave early.

Luckily the arrival of the babies at home happens to be on Sunday. The dining table was full of vacant seats. Viren has left for the office already, Kaushiki was still sleeping and Neelam was ready early in the morning to visit the priest at the temple for inviting him over on Sunday for the rituals and havan.

It's going to be a very intimate family function, which will include the three families, the Dahiya, the Chandel and the Sankhla.

Maithili doesn't even remember meeting anyone other than Kaushiki's eldest sister-in-law in her marriage or perhaps she'd met one of her brothers as well, she couldn't really tell which one. She has a giant family.

It was going to be the first time she'd meet Kaushiki's family members. Kaushiki has told her so many stories about Varanasi, Maithili really wanted to visit all the temples and ghats after looking at the beautiful pictures and vibes that Kaushiki had described into her own words.

The house was going to be decorated by fresh marigold flowers the first thing in the morning tomorrow. Maithili has yet to even arrange a chef who'd cook for the next ten days at home.

Sweta wouldn't be able to handle even if she were to be helped by Maithili and Neelam altogether or even the other house helpers. Having around thirty people assembling at home already sounded chaotic and hectic.

Apparently there were going to be five kids included.

Maithili was getting the vibes of the same kind of family assembly she'd seen during her marriage. Thankfully no other relatives were invited or else it'd have been no less than a grand party. Making calls and contacting several people wasn't as easy as she'd thought.

Atharv had to help her out with some things at the end. As for Vidhart, he was busy wrapping up work as much as possible because of his long absences and also the upcoming absences which were inevitable.

"Shalu, help me out please." Maithili called out as soon as she'd walked into the house, carrying a lot of bags in her hand. The other house helper who wasn't very far away came over to take some of the bags from her.

"Boondi ke laddoo in these four boxes, Besan ke laddoo in these four, Kalakand in these two tins and peda in this bag. Keep the peda and laddoo boxes separately, they're for puja. Oh and there will be a delivery of more sweets in about two hours, please lookout for it."

Maithili instructed Sweta and Shalu about the sweets while arranging it together with them in the fridge and sending the rest to keep in the small wooden cabinet near the temple.

"Did the tailor send all the blouses?" Kaushiki looked up when she heard Maithili. She had shifted back to her room immediately after coming back from the hospital and her body condition was much better these days.

Kaushiki smiled widely, showing the two little identical cotton frocks. "Vidhart just bought these."

"Adorable!" Maithili's eyes twinkled just like hers. Luckily she'll be free for the day once she gets a confirmation from the milkman about the extra milk, curd and paneer delivery he's supposed to make as early as possible tomorrow morning.