Chapter 6 Maya

Carson had walked Carmen and I to our apartments but I decided I stay at Carmen's and I brung my school clothes over. Carmen and I didn't really talk for a few minutes. "Um so.." She said breaking the silence. I guess we were both kind of shooken up that our friends are monsters. I don't wanna say Monsters but that's what they are.. "Let's stay away from them." Carmen said turning on the lamp. I switched off the lights. "I agree.." I said. I don't know why they came back. It was just unexpected for this. I never thought I would meet a vampire or werewolf. It made me feel on edge. I think Carmen did too. I checked my phone 2:49am. We really should go to sleep now. Carmen has two mattress and I sleep on one of them in her room. She turned the lamp off. I closed my eyes going to sleep.

We rushed getting our school stuff together hoping we could beat them to school. We had done everything but ate. Across the road from our school was a Bojangles. She grabbed her house key and put it in her pocket. I threw my book bag over my shoulder. Carmen locked the door and we headed down the stairs. I didn't feel like taking the evaluator.

Carmen threw the rest of her biscuit in the trash and we causally left Bojangles. I looked both ways before crossing the street and Carmen followed. "It's 8." Carmen said. A few buses pulled in. "Hey guys." Carson said putting a hand on our shoulders. It started me and I tensed up. I didn't reply and neither did Carmen. He turned to face us and I imagined his eyes changing colors again. He slowly moved his hands. "Anyways... I have to tell you guys something." He said. "What?" We said in unison. I looked off into the distance. Danny and Anthony were walking up. "Wolfy you not supposed to be at school." Danny said to him. He used vampire speed and rushed beside him. It started Carmen and I. "Oops sorry." He said looking at her then me. Anthony came beside Danny walking normal speed. "Go home Wolfy." Danny said. I was still waiting for what Carson had to say. "I can handle myself." He growled at him. "Kid please." Anthony said. "Carson go home." He added. I didn't understand anything. Carmen also had a look of confusion. "Dude I can handle myself I've been doing this for years." Carson said walking up in the school building. We all followed. "Yeah but you always hurt someone. I'll just watch you." Danny said walking to our first class. Anthony and Carson left too. "What were they talking about?" Carmen asked. I Shrugged. "So much for ignoring them." I said sighing. I kinda wondered somethings now. We headed to class. Olivia was there sitting beside Asheton. "You left me with this weirdo." She said. I sat beside her and Carmen was across from me. Class was pretty boring but Carson seemed on edge. Lunch Period Came. Danny and Anthony joined me and Carmen for lunch. We had already eaten though. "Where is Wolfy?" He said. We didn't say anything. "We have to find him.." Anthony said getting up and rushing out the door. "Come on guys!" Danny said to us. I was hesitant but Carmen followed and I did too. She ran into the schoolyard behind Danny and I did too but Danny seems really fast. Must be a vampire thing. We ran further and further. Out in the woods. Carmen and I started to get tired. They stopped and we did too breathing heavily. I looked around the woods I had never been this far out Anthony came and Stood Beside Me. I heard a growl. I looked around. "Carson chill, come out so we can help." Anthony said. "What's going on?" Carmen asked. "Today is a full moon.. Blah blah alot to explain." Danny said looking into the trees. "I thought they only turn at night." I said. Nothing else was said. A white wolf appeared. It was huge. It growled at us. Carmen and I scared hid behind Danny and Anthony. "Ok doggie need to calm down." Danny said joking and taking a step forward. The wolf which was Carson shoved him on the ground. It growled louder then looked up at us still pinning Danny on the ground. Anthony and Danny's eyes turned red as me and Carmen climbed up the tree afraid.