Chapter 20 Phoebes Dream

"Danny!?" I called out in excitement running towards Danny. He smiled at me then became expressionless. "Hazel.." He said softly. I stopped and looked at him. He seemed off. He had his hoodie pulled up. "I'm so glad your okay..where's Anthony? And Carson?" I asked a little worried. He shrugged. I thought this was a little weird. I suddenly looked around the room. Everything was dark now. I even looked below me and it was pitch black. The only thing I could see was Danny's glowing eyes. I had a strange feeling. It told me to run. But I didn't listen. "What's going on..?" I asked him. He didn't say anything. "Hazel.." He said again calmly. I saw a shadowy figure behind Danny. Even darker then the room. "Danny watch out!" I screamed. I heard a slicing sound. Danny fell to the ground. I screamed loudly as tears streamed down my face. I turned and started to run away. But I felt like I was getting nowhere.

"Phoebe wake up!" Maya screamed shaking me. I sat up in the bench. "You started screaming.." She said slowly. That was one of the most intense dreams I've had in a while. I was very much thinking it wasn't a dream. "You okay?" She asked. I nodded. We had enough problems already. I don't wanna say anything. I was now more worried for them. "I can't take this.." I told Maya standing up. She stood up too. "What?" She asked puzzled. "I want to help." I said clenching my fist. I slowly let it go. "Phoebe. You are helping. By staying safe." Maya assured me. I nodded but felt like I died in the inside. What if Danny got hurt?? My mind started racing. "Phoebe don't worry.. They may be idiots, but they can protect themselves." Maya said walking to the sidewalk. I followed. It wasn't fair for us to come all this way just to do nothing. I put the cat down. It rubbed against my leg. "Hazel look!" Maya yelled. We saw someone laying on the ground. I wasn't sure why. I approached them and Maya did too. It was a boy. He was holding his side. He wailed in pain. Maya and I kneeled down to him. "Help.." He said moving his hand. It revealed a ton of blood. Maya quickly looked away. I didn't however. I was used to see blood like this. But his was thick. "What..do we do?" I asked him. "Help me stand up.." He said weakly. Maya and I grabbed his arms and positioned him against a tree. "..what the.." Maya said suddenly. I wondered why. Then I looked at him and he was healing. I took a step back realizing he wasn't human. "The fuck..are you." I said. He closed his eyes for a while and stood up. He slowly opened them. "My name is Cortarious." He said. "And I am a vampire. And you are my prey." He said smirking. "And I don't think so." Maya said. He looked at us. "I wonder which one of you is weaker." Cortarious said. I clenched my fist. "We aren't weak!" I yelled. He looked at me. "Oh, is that so Hazel?" He said smiling. I froze. He knows my name.. "Who are you?!" I yelled. My heart started to sink in my chest. "I visited you in your dreams. You don't remember?" He asked leaning against the tree. I felt my heart sinking more. "Well kids. I've got to exterminate some vampires so I'll be on my way." He said. Before I or Maya could say anything he was gone. There was only one thing left to do and I'm sure it's the only option right now. Danny won't know he's coming.. It's up to me. "Maya. We are going to the vampire council." I told her racing back to the house and she followed.