Chapter 18 Phoebe

In the morning, we began to travel again. Danny had woken us up early so that we won't be late for Anthony's trial. Danny carried me piggy back style the rest of the way to L.A.. His speed was almost shocking. They ran for what only seemed like seconds before they reached their destination. They stopped in the outer part of L.A. apart that seemed almost abandoned except that it had a lot of  houses in it surrounded by woods. Danny marched right up to a house that had a no trespassing sign on it after setting me down. "Danny it says no trespassing you can't go inside." I said. "I know." Danny replied. "I'm the one who put the sign there!"  He kicked the chain and lock right off the door and went inside. Carson whimpered then turned back into a human and followed him in. I walked over to the mailbox and saw some writing that had once been there and dusted it off. The mailbox had Danny's last name on it. I followed Maya inside. The house was trashed completely. Everything looked blown up from miniature dynamite blasts. "What the hell happened here?" I asked Maya. "I don't suppose you know about Danny's past?" Maya asked. "No?" I said frowning. "So he caused all this?" I asked after Maya finished filling me in. "Yeah all this and the destruction of his parents, all caused over and argument and one tragic accident." Maya said. "Wow...." I said and wandered over to Danny who was frowning at a photo of him, a woman, man and a little girl. "Is that your family?" I asked studying the picture. "Yea my parents are dead now they-" he said before I cut him off. "I know why happened." I said. "Maya filled me in, but what happened to your sister why would you leave her." "I don't know but she left me after I killed our parents. I suppose she's still angry at me for it too." He said sadly. "It's ok, I'm sure she's still alive and I know we can save Anthony too." I said. "I hope so after all I'm the one who gave him over as a trap in the first place, I'd kill ever vampire if they killed him" Danny said. Just then Carson rushed into the room. "Come quick! You need to see this! It's Anthony's house!" Carson panted then rushed out of the room with me and Danny on his tail.