Theme: Reincarnation (mahalnaduke)

Catharsis

---

Hi.

My name is Keanan Lopez. Our family’s ancestors came from the country of nachos and tacos. Viva Mexico! (What? I am Hispanic, don’t judge!)Wait, is that even right? Anyways, never mind that… Burrito! Well, that made me hungry but that’s okay because today is February 9and today is a happy day!

Well, not really.  (that is the sound of my inner voice speaking to you)

February 9.

Today is the day I died.

Ironic as it may sound but this is how you will end up when you get to choose from all the possible futures fate has laid down for you. In my case, however, it was my abuela, Spanish for grandmother, who showed me everything and let us disregard the fact that my abuela’s name is Fate. Let me begin with my story.

~~

February 9 was also the day when my girlfriend and I were supposed to celebrate our third anniversary together. Imagine how excited I was when I came out from the flower shop bringing a bouquet of roses for her. I have planned everything out, actually. This is a very special day after all. Everything for my beloved, Angeline. Oh, speaking of which, her ringtone filled the air as I hurriedly answered it.

“Hey, Baby K.” She greeted. “I can’t wait to see you already.”

“Hello. Baby A,” I smiled, “you won’t believe what I just got you.”

“Hmm. Let me guess… Flowers?”

“What- Uh… No!” I looked at the roses I bought, “These are not flowers.” I sulked.

 “What’s up with the disappointed tone, Baby K? Did I guess it right?” she chuckled which made me feel a lot worse. “Don’t worry though, it just means that I know you enough already and that doesn’t change anything okay? You are still the most charming guy I’ve ever met. Despite your OCD and your preference of what a perfect date should really be.”

“That was a compliment, right?” I feigned hurt to which she laughed in reply. That was a compliment, right? That’s not bad, right? She did chose to get stuck with me after all. “What time will you get off work? I’ll drop by and get you.” I offered.

“Aww, you miss me that much already?” She cooed.

I was about to reply when I got horrified of what I just saw-