Theme: Expiration (misaholmes)

Light

--x

Why do people have to die?

Funny how I only ask this when I’m on the brink of death. But that’s just like humans, huh? We only question our existence just when we’re about to lose it. 

And I am soon to lose it as well.

I’m dying.

I mean literally, I am. I figured I should be direct to the point. That’s where it ends anyway, so why should I prolong it? I guess you could apply that to my life too. I am diagnosed with a rare heart disease, only few are aware of it. I’m one of those people, and I’m not only aware, but I am also one of those “lucky ones” suffering that deadly disease.

The doctors have already given me my deadline. My mother suggested that I get a heart transplant, but I refused. I don’t want to depend on such slim chance of survival. I’d rather choose to die than to grasp on false hope. 

So it all comes down to these questions again: Why do people have to die? Why do I have to die?

..Why me?

As I ask these questions, darkness keeps on prevailing in me. But just when I thought darkness would devour me, she came and brought life to my life.

“Remember this, Sven. Not everything that ends—leaves. I know that for a fact because... I won’t. I’ll always be with you. Always.”

And up until now, I hold on to that light.