The Girl- 1

Calvin was getting ready to make someone to fall in love. Not with him of course, it was never him. The lucky person today was a lady on a train arriving to New York City. He didn't have to make her fall in love in fact, he didn't have to do anything today, it was his day off. But this lady looked miserable. Her eye movements remained unmoved for several minutes. Like she was stuck daydreaming. Calvin didn't come to New York often but when he did, he rode the train and he frequently saw this lady. Always sitting in the same seat, talking to no one. Calvin had thought she was just antisocial. Then one day, she started crying out of the blue. Calvin freaked out. What could he do? Then it clicked.

The day after Calvin witnessing the young women crying on the train, he got his powder ready. Yes, Cupid's now use powder, well at least for Calvin. Using the arrows regularly (more than 2000 years) got sluggish, so his family came up with a way to have more accessible tool.

In order to do this job, Calvin had to be invisible to the human eye. There was no rule on whether not he had to be invisible, he felt more comfortable doing it that way. Because it was in today society if you want up to a stranger and put blew powder in their face, luckily you're going to be arrested.

Calvin sat next the lady and stared at her profile as she looked at the passengers arriving on the train. Her hair was usually down past her shoulders but today it was up in a tight ponytail. He saw more her face this time.

"She looks stunning", Calvin thought. He shook his head at his thoughts. Now was not the time for this. He wanted to this, for her. Not him. A beautiful women like her should be happy.

He took out his small black velvet bag and opened it. The powder was also unseen by the human eye. It had no effect on the humans, except for the obvious. Love.

He grabbed a handful of the red sparkly fine dust. He blew it in front of her face and waited for that moment.

The moment she fell in love.

The lady looked over her shoulder. Her eyes were more open, more wide awake. He could see the color of them now. Light brown.

Then she looked at Calvin. Not that she could actually see him. But it looked like she was. Her posture changed. Sitting up straighter and more aware of her surroundings.

He didn't know who she was going to fall in love with. Sometimes it was a person in close proximity to them or it was someone in there life.

It had never been like that. It was always some stranger. But they changed the rules.

Calvin saw her smiling at the a young fellow sitting across from her. The guy smiled back.

She kept smiling at the guy and not looking away. Neither did the guy.

The train stopped and the lady abruptly stood up and so did the guy. He wore a grey suit like he was heading to a meeting.

After staring into eyes for a quick second. The guy bought out his hand in front of him. The lady shook hands with him.

Calvin saw sparks between them. He knew they were matched.

They both walked out. The guy offered her to go first, she blushed and walked out. A gentleman he was. Calvin followed them out and continued to gaze at the new couple.

They exchanged phone numbers and went their separate ways. The girl left with a big grin her face. Calvin felt happy for her. She finally found love.

The NY city train station was filled with people. People he never saw. People he helped along the way. But he never felt emptier inside.

Calvin walked with no direction in mind. Somewhere away from people. Although, he didn't have to help that girl on the train station. Deep down he loved helping humans. To make them feel better, and happier. Because everyone deserves happiness.

Calvin gazed around to see where he was. In front of his friend's apartment. He didn't realize he was walking there. He just walked.

Calvin clicked the buzzer to let his friend know he was here.

"Who's there?"

"It's me," Calvin said.

There was a pause. Then he heard the door being opened. He made his way to his friend's room.

"Hey," Phoenix said when Calvin walked in.

Calvin nodded in response. He sat on the sofa and turned the TV on with Phoenix next to him.

"What's up with you?" asked Phoenix.

"Nothing."

Phoenix didn't bother with any more questions. Either he didn't care or didn't want to push Calvin. Could be both.

Phoenix wasn't human so he could see Calvin perfectly fine. He could definitely tell something was wrong with Calvin.

Calvin wanted this day to end already. End his misery.

"Wanna go out tonight?" asked Phoenix.

Calvin didn't move his head to look over at his friend. "No." He was no mood to go out tonight. He wanted to drown in his sorrows. "God, I sound so pathetic."

Once again, Phoenix didn't respond. They continued watching whatever the hell was on TV. After 30 minutes past, Phoenix left the house and said he probably would the night at some girl's house. Calvin was all alone. But the condo felt too confined, restricted. He needed somewhere to breathe. He knew the perfect place.

THIS IS MY FIRST SHORT STORY!! I don't know why I'm yelling.. I'm sorry. I hoped you liked this pleassee comment your thoughts or not. Cool with me.

Thanks to etherealstar- for the cover! <33333 go check her out