The Search- 8

He finally made it to the last steps of the stairs even though he was out of breathe, he jogged to the door to exit the building. It was now pitch black outside. No people were walking on the sidewalk. He looked both ways to see if there was any possibility. He didn't catch a glimpse of her. Calvin's heart pounded hard in his chest, he felt like it was getting harder to breathe. Something bad happened to her and it was all his fault.

But he didn't know where to start first, go left or right? If he goes the wrong way, it will set him back. He had to find her. Quick.

First, he had to go back to the club so he could go in the direction of where she went. But he didn't have money, he gave all his cash to Phoenix. So that meant he had to walk. In this cold, dark night. Who knows who walked the streets at this time of night. He didn't want find out. But if that meant knowing where Dory was, he would do anything. Calvin decided to go left. When in doubt go left.

Calvin didn't walk on the sidewalk, he ran. Some people looked at him like he had two heads but he by passed them with no care. When Calvin ran passed a sewer, it smelt like moldy cheese and thrown out waste. He had to cover his nose. It felt ages to him when he made it to the club. The lights were out and the place had no longer had people waiting in the front. The place looked alive before, but now that it closed, it looked dead. He saw the lamp post where he last saw Dory last, and ran over to the spot. Calvin didn't know where this headed.

He stopped running now. He didn't want to miss her. He looked in every alley way and every couple walking by. Then he saw a group of three guys walking towards him. One wore a big coat with white shoes. The other two just wore casual clothes. They seemed to laughing at something funny when they walked by. He over heard them.

"That girl was fine as hell," the large guysaid. "Too bad she didn't want me?"

Calvin stopped walking. Was he talking about Dory? He didn't know where this courage came from but he came up the man and spoke up.

"Was this girl wearing a trenchcoat?" he asked. The guy immediately jumped back at the sudden man in front of him.

"Uhh... Yeah?"

"Brown hair?" he asked to be sure.

He nodded his head slowly looking at him with a puzzled look.

"Where did she go?" Calvin asked desperately.

The other man in the group spoke up. "She went down the street and took a left."

Calvin nodded his head and backed away. "Thank you."

He ran in the directions he stated. This could have happened five minutes ago to fifteen minutes ago. He needed to catch up to her.

He took a left and saw nothing but homeless men. One was sleeping on the bench. One was sleeping in a tent. He knew better to wake up a homeless man. Never again.

He strolled past them and came up to a intersection. 4 ways to go. Now, he had to choose which way to go. 25% chance he was correct. He groaned and made a fist with his hands. Why was is this so hard? Calvin thought.

"Who you looking for?"

Calvin jumped and turned around at the voice.

The man was obviously homeless. Her shirt was ripped and his jeans had stains on it with holes on the knees and pockets. His hair was also matted.

"What?"

The man took a step forward. "Who you looking for son?" he said.

"How do you know I'm looking for someone?"

"I know what it looks like."

"Oh. I'm sorry," Calvin said with a awkward pose.

"It's okay. I'm learning to get over it. But who are you looking for? Maybe I can help you."

"Help me? I'm not sure if you can." He looked down at the man's clothes.

"I sure can. I stay awake at nights because.. Well, because I can't no more," he said looking down at the floor with shame. Calvin only noticed that this man had a accent. Perhaps Texan?

"Well, I been chasing this girl for the past ten minutes. She has long brown hair. Wearing a trenchoat with a black dress under neath." That's all the description he could give. Cause the rest would be vague. All he would say was, "she's beautiful."

The man laughed. "There's a ton of girls like that around here."

Calvin felt like he was wasting his time talking to him. He wanted to continue his search. He was starting to get frustrated.

"I gotta go, but thanks for nothing." He began to stroll away.

"Wait," the man stated. Calvin stopped in his tracks.

"I think I saw her ten minutes ago."

Calvin's heart thumped. "Which way she go?"

"You didn't let me finish. While she was here, she stopped to give change to Kyle over there." He pointed to guy sleeping on the bench. "And a car pulled up to her. It looked like she knew whoever was in the car and got in with them."

Crap crap crap. Calvin could bet on all his money and say Wade picked her up. But how? Calvin had Dory's phone.