Wherever I Go- 6

Calvin tried not to stare at her like she was crazy but it was hard to hold back. Why in the world were they going back to her place? Unless Dory was there but Calvin hardly doubted it. He had seen weird humans in the past, however this one topped all of them. He needed to find Dory. And he had to open the car door and hop out, he would. He doesn't know if this girl is a serial killer. He watched those human shows about people murdering their spouse.

He did not want to end up on the news.

"Why your place?" He tried staying calm.

"Because that's where Dory should be," she said in a matter of fact.

Oh. His heart rate slowed down. He felt calm.

They drove for what felt like ten minutes. Wherever Dory lived, she lived far.

I hope she didn't walk. It was too dangerous for her to walk at this time of night. He would hate to have something bad happen to her. It would pain him.

The car ride was short. Seemed like they took a couple of turns and arrived in front an apartment complex. If there was one thing Calvin learned while staying in New York, the living space was small. The complex was close together and left no room in between each different one.

Olivia was the first one to step out. Calvin followed suit. Calvin glanced at the complex. Only one street ramp was on and a few young men were just talking among themselves. I hope Dory made it past them. His heart strings pulled at the thought.

Olivia stared at him. Then got flustered and pulled out her money to pay for the ride.

The cab drove away down the street. Calvin walked to the sidewall! Waiting for Olivia to direct where to go.

"She should be here by now," she said walking to the building. She pressed the buzzer and the door unlocked. She opened the door so he could squeeze through.

When they stepped into the building, Calvin got a hit of cold temperature. It was freezing the place. The place had no lights, except by the front desk. One old lady was sitting there.

Olivia made her to stairs. But Calvin walked over to the elevator. He pressed the button. But he it didn't do anything, so he hit it again with more force.

"That doesn't work. We have to take the stairs."

Calvin turned around with a cringe on his face. "How many stairs?"

"She's lives on Tue 5th floor."

Please help me god. He was not sure if he can handle that many stairs. Calvin strided to where she was. She made the first step and worked her way up. Calvin signed and took a step forward.

On the last step, he could barely breathe. He had to at least stop six times to take a break. He didn't know he was this out of shape. He didn't see the point. No one could see him. Olivia was not fazed. Like she did this everyday.

Curse the elevator.

Olivia rolled her eyes at him wheezing to breathe. "It wasn't that bad."

"You're not the one who does this everyday," he said.

She ignored him and continued walking until she stopped in front a door that had the number 18 in silver.

The hallway was short and had five doors on each side of the wall.

Olivia went to open the door but fail short. It didn't budge.

She drew a puzzled look on her face. She was on toes and lifted her hand on the bar above the door. Looking for a key. She found nothing.

"What?" Calvin asked her.

"There's no key. There should be one here."

"Well." He took a step forward. "How do we get in?"

She glanced at him with a look that reflected her thoughts.

Calvin shook his head. "No no. We're not doing that."

"What other option do we have? Walk down 5 flights of stairs or wait here?"

Calvin did not want to walk down the stairs of misery. Anything but that.

But he would rather look for Dory in the streets.

Olivia didn't wait for him to agree. She kicked the door open with her right leg. It still didn't open.

Calvin should stop her but she already kicked the door so no going back now. After one final kick, the door unbolted.