New Feeling- 4

He felt nothing. Normal. Like nothing changed. The only way to know if it was working was to go outside. Where the humans were. Calvin suddenly felt nervous because a human never seen him before. Only his people did. From ancient stories, it stated that humans were the most selfish people on earth and they were vicious animals. But to test that theory was to step beyond the boundaries of the bathroom.

Calvin glanced down at his watch. It was a quarter past ten.

"Only 24 hours." Phoenix words came floating back to Calvin.

I just need 5 minutes with her.

Phoenix washed his hands then dried his hands before walking out.

Calvin soon followed him out with no hesitation.

Phoenix arrived at the bar and sat down and nudged the lady's shoulder. Calvin walked past them and made his way to Dory. Just the thought of seeing Dory again made his heart thump hard in his chest. This time, Dory could physically see Calvin in the flesh. 

Instead of the people ignoring him, some gave him dirty looks as he walked between them. He said, "excuse me." But they still gave him dirty looks. When Calvin accidentally touched a girl's waist, a guy out of nowhere pushed him, making him push another dude. Now it was a big mess. He quickly got out while he could. The first time he was seen, humans were acting like.. humans. Calvin was used to being the shadows and not worrying about anyone except himself.

 This new feeling. The feeling of being touched. People actually acknowledged his existence. His whole life he has been unseen, and now everyone can see him. It felt weird to him. Something he has to get used to. 

Calvin arrived at the table. Dory was gone. His heart momentarily stopped. Where'd she go?

He glanced around to see any sign of her. Still no sign of her. He couldn't find her long golden brown hair anywhere.

Calvin gazed at the exit door at the perfect time. He saw her pulling open the door and stepping outside not looking back.

She's leaving!

She can't leave now, he just got his powers!

He rushed toward the door. Pushing people away, not caring what face they made at him. He had to get to Dory before she got away.

When he reached the door, Calvin opened the door with a strong force, he thought the door hinges would fall off.

Calvin saw her walking down the sidewalk, wrapping her coat around her body.

He doesn't know what got over him. But he called out her name.

"Dory!"

Dory stopped in her tracks and turned around to see who called her name.

Calvin doesn't know why he called her name. It was on impulse. He was back several feet away and a few humans walking on the sidewalk. She was right below a street lamp and she looked like an angel. She couldn't find the person who said her name, so she continued walking.

Dory accidentally bumped into a male and Calvin couldn't hear what she said but probably the lines of, "Sorry, excuse me."

Calvin didn't notice a small object drop on the floor when they bumped each other. Until she stepped away. She didn't notice either.

Calvin rushed to pick up the object so he could give it to her. But it was too late.

When he looked up, she was out of sight. He lost her, again. Calvin glanced down at the object left on the concrete.

It was slightly bigger than the palm of his hand. It had a black circular button on the bottom, all around black except on the sides. And a big display screen.

I think humans called it an iPhone.

Calvin didn't really know what it was. He saw it before but never used one. Everyone would on their iPhone when Calvin would use the train. They never talked to each other. It was a sad sight to see. Calvin was accustomed to interaction. He never liked "texting" or "calling" someone because he'd rather see them in person. Face to face.

Calvin has to somehow learn how to use this cellular phone and get it back to Dory in time before his time runs out.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! GO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR MADRE AND THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE HAHHA

also, this is kinda short. I didn't mean that lol but the next is gonna be longer. How are you liking the story so far?