Still Human- 9

Calvin felt like he was running circles. Every time he got a step closer, he was pulled away. He was so close he felt it in his fingertips but now, Calvin was close to giving up. He groaned and tossed his hair with his hand. That was it. He couldn't do anything else. Calvin didn't know where Dory could be. Probably half way across the city.

"Don't give up."

Calvin glanced over at the man. "What?"

"Don't do what I did," he said.

____________________

Calvin was walking aimlessly around the city. He didn't bother about where he was going. This was the end of the voyage. He could have gone to his apartment but he couldn't face his friend right now. Calvin wanted time to himself.

He was giving up. Even though the homeless man said don't. What does he know about giving up? Calvin had to face the music. He was never going to see Dory again.

Then it was like from God himself. The phone in his pocket vibrated. Calvin quickly took out the phone and looked down at it. It was a text message, it also had 13 missed calls. All from Wade. Calvin rolled his eyes. And six voicemails.

He quickly opened the message and saw it was from Victoria.

Victoria: Hey where are you tonight wanna hang?

Who was this Victoria chick?

He listened to Dory's voicemail.

"Babe? Where are you? I went back the club and you weren't there."

Another one from him.

"I'm getting worried. Please pick up."

"Dorothy, I'm coming to get you. I don't know where you are but I'm driving there now."

Calvin had a feeling the rest of the voicemails were like that.

It was like a lightbulb lit up above his head. He searched for Olivia's phone number and quickly dialed it.

"Hello? Dory?"

"No, it's Calvin. But hey do you know where Wade lives?" Calvin cringed. Olivia was probably wondering how Calvin knew Wade's name. He meant to say something not so bluntly.

She sounded bewildered when she said, "Um yeah I do why?"

"Because that's where I think Dory is," he said into the phone.

She told him the address and he instantly remembered the address. The only problem. It was across the bridge. Calvin wasn't even close to the bridge. But with no question in mind, he started his way to the address.

It was a long way but it didn't matter to Calvin. Whatever he had to do to get to Dory. He started his journey to get over the bridge.

"Hey boy!" a voice shouted behind him.

Calvin stopped walking and looked over his shoulder. It was the homeless man from earlier. This time, he was on a bike.

Was he following me? Calvin acted like he didn't hear the man and continued to walk forward.

"Stop!" the man said again. Then he heard him peddle on the bike faster. There was no way Calvin could outrun a bike. So all he could do was just keep walking at a normal pace.

"I said stop, son"

He had finally stopped. The man didn't look dangerous. If he wanted to kill Calvin he would have done it a long time ago. He had the perfect opportunity to.

The man stopped and set his foot down to steady himself. "Sorry for following you but it looked like you were in trouble and I wanted to help you."

Calvin looked at him curiously. "How?"

"I could give you a lift."

He glanced at the bike and inspected it. It doesn't look rusty or old. In fact, looks brand new because it was shiny on the handle bars. The man turned his bike so he could the side view of the bike. It was a two-seater. Of course. One of the ridiculous contraptions in New York City. Calvin didn't care who was staring at these two. It was NYC, a lot of people seen weirder things at night.

"What's your name?" Calvin asked. He had to this man's name before hopping on this bike.

"Benjamin Nicholas Adam Scott."

Calvin gave him a straight face. There was no way he was calling him by his full name.

"Just call me Benji," he said.

"Nice to meet you, Benji." He stuck out his hand for him to shake. They shook hands and Calvin hopped on the bike. Calvin told him where to go and they both paddled to the address. At least he wasn't walking. This saved him a lot of time and energy. Not all homeless men are out to get you, only the means ones. Most are still humans and there to help you when you need it. 

Let me start off by saying how sorry I am. I did not update because of 2 horrible reasons: 1) I had writers block. 2) school/exams.  This contest is officially over and I didn't even complete it because I was in the last week of school for me and my brain could not do this.  But that's not gonna stop me from writing and completing this story! Soooo pleaseee forgive meee! <3333

Also, @knightsrachel added this to her library!?! thanks so much! 

And other people have been adding it to their onceuponnow library. Thank you to everybody who did! (: <333