The end- 13

The place around him hasn't changed since he had been gone. Which was for about 100 years. He felt like he didn't belong here. This was no longer home to him. The home was New York City, where Dory was. The last time Calvin spoke to his parents was when he was leaving to explore the outside world and his parents argued that Calvin should stay. Calvin obviously didn't listen. They kept him like a prisoner. He couldn't leave the house and when he could, he had a seven o' clock curfew. A seven o' clock curfew? Who ever thought that was okay. His parents of course. He barely went out and saw the real world. But his world and the real world were very contrasting. His world was very much old ancient like. Like they were stuck in the Roman era. Everyone wears a white long robe that doesn't allow skin to show. The woman wore flowers in the hair and the men didn't. Growing up, Calvin didn't understand why he had to wear that. He felt like he didn't have to wear it, but everyone told him he had to.

So, here he was standing in front of his old home about to knock on the door with Phoenix next to him. He was getting ready to knock when suddenly the door flew open before Calvin could even think.

His father stood on the other side and smiled but with sad frown behind it. "My son is finally home!" he said like he was going to cry any minute. He brought Calvin closer to him and hugged him. He hesitantly hugged him back. Then he heard movement behind his father's back.

"I missed you so much!" his mother cried, running towards them and joining in the hug.

Calvin groaned. He didn't want to be part of this love fest.

"Okay okay. I have had enough of this." Calvin said stepping out of his dad's arm.

Then his dad noticed Phoenix behind Calvin. "Oh hey, Phoenix! Didn't see you there."

"You sure didn't," he grumbled.

"Come on in everyone," Calvin's dad announced. He walked through the door and made his into the couch. He didn't look back to see if Calvin and Phoenix would follow.

They were now sitting in the living room in awkward silence. The living rooms here are vastly different than in NYC. They were very modern and up to date. But here, furniture haven't altered for two thousand years. There were vines hanging across the panels of the walls. And moss growing on the moss. The only furniture you could only make out was the white couch and the red dusty on the floor. And some wood flooring peeking through.

They were all sitting on the white couch cause they had no furniture. There wasn't even enough room for Phoenix to sit because Calvin was an only child and only three sitting places for his parents. So Phoenix was just awkwardly slouching on the handle of the couch.

Calvin's mom broke the silence. "Calvin, I'm so delighted you graced us with your presence. I ached you so much. We have so much to chat about."

"Mom, that's not why we came here."

She furrowed her brows. "Is that so? How come?" Her voice chipped. She was holding herself together.

Calvin glanced at Phoenix briefly giving him a pleading look. "I came here to talk about you spying on me."

His dad looked offended. "We have done so such thing." Calvin looked at his mother and she had a guilty look.

"Mom..." Calvin said pestering her.

"I'm sorry Calvin. I didn't mean too," she confessed.

His father stared at his wife with a shocking look. So he must have not known about the spying.

"I did it because I was worried about you and —"

He cut her off before she finishes her sentence. "I can take care of myself, mother."