Stay strong for me

Morgan's pov
I went home the next day. I didn't want to but Michael said he wouldn't be as nervous if I went back home. We texted a few times but it was mostly 'are you ok' and 'I love you' texts.

I was bored without him. When your so use to spending all your time with someone you don't know what to do when they aren't there.

Being alone made it easy to think. Nothing ever good happens when you think.

Michael wouldn't be in this mess if he didn't meet me. He could be with his parents and in school and hang out with his friends but because of me he's at a job in another city. He's lying to his parents too. They think he's still living with me.

When my parents died his parents allowed him to move in with me. They didn't want me to be alone and neither did Michael.

I walked to the bathroom and pulled out my blade. I rolled up my sleeve to see old scars and old writing from my parents and the other thing.

I placed the blade on my skin. The buzzing of my phone made me drop it. It was a single text from Michael.

'How are you baby girl'

I didn't bother to pick up the blade. Instead I scrambled to get my phone. I had to type in the password 3 times since my hands were shaking so much. I was struggling not to cry.

I pressed the FaceTime button next to his contact and waited for him to pick up. I sat on the bathroom counter.

"Everything alright?" He asked once he answered.

I shook my head and avoided looking at the screen.

"Morgan" he trailed off. "Baby let me see"

"I didn't do it" I mumbled shaking my head.

"See?" I showed him my wrists. "Just close" I whispered.

"I want to hug you" he sighed sadly.

"It's my fault you can't" I said slamming my hands and phone down on the counter.

"Let me see my beautiful girl" he said softly.

I picked my phone back up and wiped the single tear on my cheek.

"Hang in there gorgeous. It's almost over I promise" I stayed quiet and nodded. "Your gonna be ok you just have to stay strong"

"I can't" I whispered. My voice cracked.

"Yes you can" he said but I shook my head.

"You have to try" he encouraged.

"I can't anymore"

"Do it for me"

I felt my heart beat quicken.

"Please sweetheart try for me. Stay strong for me" he said looking directly at me through the screen.

I nodded this time making his smile brighten.

"Thank you Michael" I said smiling back at him.

"Hey" he said excitedly.

"What?" I asked laughing lightly.

"I love you" he stuck his tongue out at me.

"I love you too" I laughed at him.