Figuring it out

Michaels pov
I sat on the couch scrolling through my phone waiting for Morgan to come out of the shower.

I heard the bathroom door slam making me jump up and look towards the hall. Morgan came storming into the living.

"Hey what happened?" I asked gently going to hug her.

"There's more fucking writing" she yelled making me stop in my tracks.

"Where?" I asked moving closer to her.

"My stomach" she muttered.

"Just let me see" I said gently.

"It's fine"

"It doesn't seem fine" I argued.

She lifted up her shirt to reveal the words "good enough" written in red ink.

"This is ridiculous" she yelled throwing her hands in the air and letting them fall against her sides.

I traced over the ink on her stomach.

"There's a meaning with this" I mumbled staring to realize something.

"What do you mean?" She asked while furrowing her eyebrows.

"Red ink and blue ink"

"Morgan this is going to sound totally crazy but what if your parents really are ghosts" I said.

"I've been trying to tell you that" She said giving me a challenging look. I ignored it and continued to think.

"But what if there's another ghost. A ghost who writes in red ink" I said watching the fear fill her eyes.

"Your parents write in blue and this other ghost writes in red" I said summing it up.

"No no this can't be true" She said shaking her head back and forth.

"Good job Michael. You figured it out" her mother said from the corner.

Morgan groaned and threw her head back. Her entire body became tense. Her mom walked towards Morgan and placed her hand on Morgan's cheek making her gasp and back away.

Suddenly her mom whipped her head to the side.

"Shes here" she said.

"Both of you go upstairs" her mom instructed.

"What?" Morgan asked. Her mom pointed upstairs. I sensed the urgency and wrapped my arm around Morgan's waist coaxing her to go upstairs.

I went to her room and pushed her in the closet before getting in with her and closing the door. I kept my arm around Morgan.

It was quiet for a few minutes before footsteps came up the stairs. A door down the hall swung open making a loud bang as it hit the door. Morgan jumped from the sound.

I moved her between my legs and wrapped my arms around her stomach. More footsteps and the same thing happen with her bedroom door.

I placed my hand over Morgan's mouth and tightened my arm around her stomach.

The door opened and Morgan was ripped from my arms before I could even process what happened. A grey figure was holding her.

"Wait stop" her mom yelled coming into the room but as soon as she did the figure and Morgan disappeared.

"Morgan" I whispered starting to cry.
"Where is she?"

"I don't know but I'll find her" she said placing her cold hand on my shoulder.