Interception

Morgan's pov
"Do you want to tell me what happened back there?" Michael asked once we were inside.

"At first I saw blood dripping on the path we were walking on and when I looked up Calum, Luke, and Ashton were hanging upside down, dead. Then I heard thunder and when I turned around you were tied to a tree also dead with blood running down your face" I traced my finger down his face where I remember seeing blood.

"Can I see your finger?" He asked.

I nodded and held my hand out. He looked at the new writing on my finger as traced over it a couple times.

"I never got told to do anything" I whimpered.

"It's my fault" someone said.

Michael and I both looked to the corner where a hooded figure was standing. They took their hood off. It was my mother.

"They keep telling you things but I intercept them. I don't want you hearing the things they say. Your father and I suffer most of the consequences but their are some we can't stop from happening" she explained.

She took a step closer causing me to back further out of the living room.

"Stay there" I warned.

"Morgan-"

"Shut up" I yelled at Michael.

He bit his lip and stood in between me and my "mother".

"Don't come closer. She doesn't want you here right now" he said.

"I see" she dropped her head. "Just know Morgan that I'm sorry" and with that she disappeared.

I fell to my knees sobbing right after she left. I heard Michaels footsteps coming towards me so I got up to run. Michael grabbed my wrist and pinned me against the wall before slamming his lips on mine. He pulled back but still held me close to him.

"It's not fair. Its really not fair" I cried fisting his shirt.

"I know baby I know" Michael said rubbing my back, acting much gentler than before. "Nothing seems fair right now but everything's gonna get better"

I held onto him for a few minutes. His face was buried in my neck and I could feel a few of his tears. He sniffled and pulled his face away from my neck to wipe his tears.

"Come on baby girl" his voice was scratchy.

I jumped up and wrapped my arms and legs around him as he walked to the couch.

"I'm gonna go make a few calls. Will you be ok?" He asked.

I nodded slightly as he wrapped a blanket around me.

"Ok I won't be long. Yell if you need anything" he kissed my forehead and went into the kitchen.

I curled up more in the blanket and let a few tears fall. Nothing made sense. All of this was too confusing for me. I started tracing little shapes and words on my arm to distract myself. It worked until I noticed more words on my arm.

I'll always protect you

Was written in blue ink. My parents wrote in blue ink.

"Michael" I yelled trying not to cry.