Chapter 7. The Lunch

Alphys' POV

I'm going to go eat lunch. With Undyne. This is officially my best day of school so far! Or maybe even the best day of my life, I dunno. But still, it's kind of like a date. No no, now I'm exaggerating. It's just a hangout. Just. A hangout. Yep!
We found a good place to eat and got a table. We surprisingly ordered the same meal. Funny, we do have some things in common. Our waitress accepted our request and walked away, leaving us in silence with the noises of people chatting in the background. Undyne looked around nervously and looked back at me. "So, Whaddaya wanna talk about?" I shrugged. What is there to talk about? Our future imaginary wedding? I smiled and my own thought and Undyne looked at me curiously. "What's that smile all about?" I started sweating. "U-Um- N-Nothing! I-I mean- y-you can't tell me if I-I can s-smile or not-!" Undyne blinked and nodded. "Yep, ya got a point. Smile all you want Al."
Did she just give me a nickname?
That's a sign right?
Oh my god.
Aaaaaahhhh I'm sweating.

"You look hot" AHH SHE JUST CALLED ME HOT! A blush appeared across my face, making Undyne realize that I had taken it wrong. "Uhm, hot- cause- It's hot in here-" Knew it. My hopes went a TINY bit too high. I nodded. "Right right, eheheh-"
I made this really awkward.

Our waitress appeared with our drinks, soda for me and water for Undyne. It made me kind of self-conscious, but Undyne didn't seem to mind or judge at all. That actually made me feel good about myself.. Which isn't something I feel often to be honest.. I looked around awkwardly.
...
What now?

Undyne also looked like she felt things were getting awkward. She was probably thinking of ways to make it less awkward..

"Hello beauties and gentle-beauties!"
I turned my head at the sudden familiar voice and looked around.
"Alphys, calm down, It's just the television." Ooh right, right.
....Wait what?
Television?
I looked at the screen that was placed on the wall of the restaurant and saw, the one and only, Mettaton.
"Wh-What's M-Mettaton doing on T-T.V?" I asked Undyne, who looked at me with her eyebrow up in surprise. "Oh, I was assuming you knew about the fact that Mettaton is kind of famous in these parts." I looked at her, shocked. Mettaton never told me about that! Or... He was most likely assuming that I knew the fact that he was famous. "W-wow- That sounds pretty c-cool" Undyne shrugged at my statement. "I mean.. I guess. I admire his lifestyle, but it definitely ain't for me." She had a point on that. Nobody really wants a camera to follow you everywhere, no privacy what-so-ever.

Our waitress came with our food and set it down on the table. We started eating as she walked away. Lunch was pretty silent until Undyne spoke up. "So, um, did ya hear about the fall dance?" I looked up at her. My mouth was stuffed with mashed potatoes, not to be rude, I just shook my head as a No. "Oh, well, it's pretty simple. In about 2 weeks or so, there's gonna be a school dance" I nodded my head. A question loomed in my mind. Do I dare ask it? Yea. I'll ask.
"U-Um- A-Are d-dates required?"
Undyne looked at me and nodded. "Yep." She simply replied, calmly.
"D-Do you...... U-Um- Have a date?" I hesitantly asked. A look of confusion and interest appeared on Undyne's face. "No, I don't"

Perfect.

We finished our lunch and walked back to the dorm together. We talked about a few different subjects, but I could only focus on the dance. And who my date was gonna be.

....
I'm gonna need some help.

((A/N: Agh, geez. Finally done with this chapter! Writers block sucks. So, our question of the day.
"What is your favorite Undertale AU? (Alternate universe)"
Mine is DanceTale! Good day, PUNK!))