Chapter 7

The next day. I was already on my way to the trainings camp. It was out of town so I had to drive almost 2 hours. At 9 in the morning the camp starts and it´ll end at 7 in the evening. It will be a hard day.

POV – Riker.

Yesterday when Sammy tweeted me, I didn´t tweet back. Why? Now, she could think, that I don´t like her anymore. But she says that she has time on friday. This would be perfect. I have to tweet her back now. Even it was 10 in the morning. She could be at her cheerleader training but whatever. I tweeted her that I would love to meet her tomorrow morning. And I said that I´ll pick her up at her house. Hopefully she´s ok with that. I need to talk to her about everything. Especially about this car ride. I wanted to talk with her but I was to shy. And I´m so sorry about this.

It was 4 pm and she didn´t answered. We all were in the garden and everyone was in the pool but I only sat there on a beach chair and waited till Sammy tweets me.

POV- Sammy:

After a really long and strenuous day we rehearsed again our performence for sunday. We always do a pyramid at the end. And I´m always at the top. We have to hold this pyramid for 1 minute and I was really distracted today. I said quiet to myself: „I´m on Top of the World!“, and than I fall down of the pyramid and when I was laying on the ground everyone was coming to me: „Are you allright? Can you hear us? Are you conscious?“, everyone was talking to me. „Yes. I´m ok.“, I put my hand on my foot. It was hurting a bit. I tried to stand up. „Maybe it´s not all ok. I can´t stand up.“, I said. My trainer called the ambulance. I really don´t wanted this but Juliet brought my bag and all my stuff and the ambulance took me to the hospital. „I´m ok. My ankle just hurts a bit. Came I please go home?“, I said to a doctor. „No. We first want to check your ankle. Than maybe you can go home.“

One hour later I was laying in a hospital bed and had an sprained ankle. Yeah! A nurse came in and wanted to know if I need anything and I just said: „Yes. Can I have my mobile phone and internet?“ She gave me my phone and the code for the internet. „Thank you.“ First I had to text Bia. I wrote anything what just happened. And than I login in Twitter and texted Riker that we can meet us the whole weekend, cuz I don´t think I´ll go to the competition. Oh and I texted both the number of this hospital room so they could call me. Bia immediately texted back that she will come as fast as she can. And Riker called me on this phone in my room.

„Sammy?! What are you doing? I wanted to meet you and not visit you in the hospital!“, He said and sounded worried. „Riker. I´m fine. Exept for the sprained ankle. But maybe I can go home today and you come to my house tomorrow?“, I answered. „Really? Ok. Than I´ll come to you tomorrow at 1 pm? Is this ok? Than you can sleep in the morning!“ „Yes. Totally fine with this. Thank you for understanding. And don´t worry about me.“ „Ok. See you tomorrow. And please don´t get more injuried.“ „No I wont! Trust me. Bye!“, I said and before I hang up he said: „Love you.“ I was smiling the whole time till Bia flounced into my room. „Are you ok. How are you?“, she said. „First. Hello. And yes, I´m ok. I´ve improved a lot. I just told Riker that I´m fine. Trust me after this phonecall, I know that he likes me.“ „I thought you are... wait.. what?! Did he told you that he loves you?“ I nodded. „Yes. Yes he did. And I don´t know but I think it´s great that I´m here in the hospital because now I have time all weekend long. Now I can meet with Riker. I hope that I´m at home tomorrow at 1 pm.“ „Sammy. This is cute. See, I told ya that he likes you.“ „Yes. But what could we do tomorrow. The doctor says that I have to stay at home and I have to favor my foot. But after he said, Love you, only my heart hurts.“ „Why?“ „Even if he said this. He´s a perfect superstar. He would never go on a date with me. Maybe he just want to say sorry for tuesday and than we never meet us again. Or I go to another concert.“ „Sammy. Stop! For real now, he likes you. And he will be your first boyfriend. Yes. You would be the cutest couple I´ve ever seen.“ „Bia. No. Even if I don´t like Ross. You and he will be a super sweet couple. And I don´t know. Maybe I´m not ready for a boyfriend.“ „Sammy? Can I be honest?“ I nodded. „Since you are a cheerleader, you haven´t much time for me and I think you are old enough for a boyfriend but how would you manage this all. School, BFFs, me, boyfriend and cheerleader training, competition and so on? I´m worried about you. And actually I´m a bit happy that you can´t do your cheer things for a few weeks. Than you have more time for me. And maybe Riker will think the same one day when you have only a few hours for him.“ „You are actually right.“, I said. „I thought yesterday that I don´t want to have this competition on sunday. But no, I don´t wanted to hurt myself deliberately. I was distracted and I always thinking on Riker, all the time.“ I couldn´t say more. „Ok. I get you. I have to go now. Can we phone at saturday? After my date and your date.“ „Yes. But I don´t have a date.“ „Get well soon. See you! Bye!“, Bia said and disappeared behind the door.

I was thinking the whole time about this what Bia told me. At some point I fell asleep.

It was friday in the morning and the doctor said, that I can go home and a few minutes later my mom fetched me. Befor my mom could say something about this little accident I went to my room and turned the TV on. I was laying in my bed and spared my sprained ankle. Times flies! And I don´t even realized that Riker was her. He was talking with my mom. But I can´t understand anything. I acted as if I didn´t notice the little chat with my mom as he came into my room. „Hello, Sammy. Can I come in.“, he said. „Hey. Yeah, sure.“, I said and smiled. He come to my bed and sat besides me. „So you are watching TV?“, he asked. „Oh, no. Actually I wanted to watch Glee but than I don´t watched it and actually I was just laying here and did nothing.“, I said. Silence for a few minutes. Than Riker said: „I actually want to say sorry for the car ride on tuesday. I wanted to do something with you after the training. But than you said you want home and I... I just was to shy to say something. I´m sorry about this. And I was a bit sad when you said that you don´t have time this week. I didn´t know about this competition. And maybe you heard what I said on the end of our call yesterday. I... I love you.“ I smiled at him. „I was shy too. But ahm... I love you too. And yes I heard this yesterday. It made my day.“ We looked in each others eyes. He slowly put his lips on mine.