Fifty-Eight:New York, New York

Demi's POV

We spent the rest of the day shopping. We went everywhere that was recommended, and Avery absolutely loved it. Of course, I made sure she was stuck by my side with her hand tightly in mine, and she didn't object to it either. The event from the morning had us both on edge, but we didn't let it ruin our whole day.

A whole day of walking around tired me out, but not as much as it did little Avery. I had to carry her to the car offer the last stop, and she fell asleep on the way back to the hotel. I carried her into our room and carefully laid her down on the bed, pulling the covers over her. I climbed in afterwards and easily fell asleep.

It didn't feel like we were napping for long before I felt Avery flinch and grab a hold of me tighter. I quickly woke up and wrapped an arm around her. "Don't let go," Avery whispered.

"Never," I responded.

"Is she gone?"

"Yeah, baby, she's gone."

The next morning, we woke up early enough to catch our flight. It wasn't as early as last time, but definitely earlier than what Avery and I preferred.

Next stop, New York!

I'm super excited for Avery to see the amazing Nee York City. It is intimidating with so many people around, but I'll assure her that she's fine. I'll even carry her if I need to. We are definitely going to see a few Broadway shows while there.

We got to the airport, went through security, and then waited. Our flight got a two hour delay, but Avery didn't seem to mind.

"Some things just happen sometimes," she told me.

We talked and played on my tablet until we were able to board. I turned all of my devices on airplane mode, and soon enough we were up in the air. Avery wasn't as nervous this time like she was last flight.

It was a short flight, which I was thankful for. We quickly grabbed all of our bags and headed out of the airport, as we were pretty late for our hotel check-in.

We got into a taxi and were soon at our hotel. We had lots of help unloading and bringing all of our bags to the room. Of course, we now had more than what we started with, and I know it'll just keep growing.

Avery loved the hotel room, as did I. I couldn't be happier with it.

We ordered some lunch, then headed out into the city. I did have to carry Avery most of the time, since the crowd made her nervous. We didn't buy anything that day, just looked around.

This tour had just begun, and I was already loving it.

Thank you @peridogirllove for the previous chapter.

And a HUGE thanks for 600 followers!