Sixty-One:Questions

Demi's POV

The next several concerts were amazing. Avery's been on stage at every show, but never really talks. She smiles and waves, and that's the extent of it. Everyone thinks she's adorable. There's so many posts about her. They love her, but not nearly as much as I do.

We only had a few left. We've had to ship several bags back to Wilmer because there would be no way to travel with everything. We've shopped at every city we've been to. It's redo lupus, but I think it's worth it.

I've forgotten how much I love this life, and Avery makes it even better. She also keeps me grounded. I know I'm not going to go do something stupid and get myself in trouble. I wouldn't do anything too outrages, but I'm kind of new to this again. There's the possibility of getting carried away. But not with Avery with me.

We FaceTime Wilmer a lot. Pretty much whenever we can. He's been a good sport about all of this.

"Do you love him?" Avery asked one night after we had talked to him.

The question surprised me. "Who?" I knew exactly who she was talking about. I just wasn't sure how to respond to her right away.

"Wilmer," she said.

I shrugged. "Why do you ask?"

"Because he loves you."

I smirked. "How do you know?"

"He always makes sure you're okay. He wants you to be happy."

"Well, in that case, yes I do. Because I want him to be happy and safe."

"I do, too," she responded. "He's like the dads that all of the other kids have." I wasn't sure how to respond to this, either. "Do you think he could be my dad?"

Why was she asking these questions tonight? Where did they all come from? What's with this kid and her thoughts? She's seven, why is she thinking about all of this?

"I think he would make a great Dad," I smiled at her.

"But would he say yes if I asked him? Do you think he'd mind?" She asked, looking up at me with hopeful eyes.

I sighed. "I honesty don't know. He cares a lot about you, Avery, but that's a big question."

"If he would he my daddy, and you're my Momma, then we could have a family like all of the other kids." She looked down in her lap before looking straight ahead. "I want to see what it's like."

Her words almost broke my heart. She deserves a family, but she shouldn't compare her life to others like that.

"Avery, you're not like all of the other kids."

"Because my real mother used to hit me," she stated.

I shook my head. "No. Because you're special. And you made my life so much better. You have a beautiful heart, so pure. And you definitely don't think like the other seven year olds. You're so smart."

"I'm smart because I make good grades?"

I smiled. "Intelligence goes beyond school. You'll learn more as you grow."

She laid her head on my shoulder, and I wrapped an arm around her. "I love you so much, Avery."

"I love you, too, Momma."

Hey! Sorry it took a while, I was finishing school. I'm out for the summer now, so hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently and maybe get another book out. I've been wanting to for a while now.

Also, I've made a Musical.ly over the weekend. It's just cause I wish I was cool :) anyways, it's k_sierra for anyone who wants to check it out. I completely understand if you don't, I'm just trying to get started.

As always, thanks for reading, voting, and commenting. Still wanting a few filler chapters for anyone who has ideas :) I saw the other ones, and I'm working on making those into full chapters. Anything would be great!