Chapter One ~Everything was fine and dandy~

Hi, My name is Sarah Elizabeth Richards. And i'm going to tell you a story.
I had just turned fifteen, the prime of my life, no? It seemed so. My parents worked for this secret agency. It was rather odd and nobody else knew about it save for the other members. They had told me that i could be an agent if i wanted. Now, don't get me wrong, i loved the idea of granting wishes and being able to help people get things they needed. But i didn't think i was able to handle something like that. So, after several nights awake sick with worry that my parents would hate me, i declined. They were surprisingly okay with it which made me happier than anyone could ever know. Again, i loved the idea of being able to help people. But, i also loved my boyfriend and wanted to be able to spend time with him. That's right, despite being the loser that i am, i was somehow dating the captain of the soccer team. Finnegan Darby. Most attractive and most popular boy in my high school. Granted, school status didn't matter as much since the last day was a week ago and summer was now in full swing. Everything was fine and dandy. Oh! I forgot to tell you more about myself. Terribly sorry. I hope you understand that i do not have a very high or overly confident way about myself. Anyway, you already know my name so there is no need for that to be repeated. I have ebony brown hair, almost black, that comes down just past my breasts. My eyes are a deep brown. And, like my father, i have a little bit of pudge about me. Thus making me think i am not beautiful at all. Oh well, i can that hide behind the fact that i'm dating Finn. Everyone automatically assumes i am beautiful because of who my boyfriend is. That's part of the reason i'm dating him. Aside from the fact that i love him deeply. Another think i forgot to tell you, the year i was born, something strange began to happen with babies across the world. They were born with necklaces on! The ultrasounds had been unable to detect these necklaces and few people had any theories as to why this was suddenly happening. Some thought it was a genetic mutation the government had snuck into our water. Others thought it was some alien attack. While a select group thought it was some sort of 'soulmate magic' being explained as; one person would eventually find another with the exact same crystal on their necklace and that meant that they were soulmates. But it had never happened. Everyone i knew either wished to keep their necklace hidden or confirmed right away that it was different from mine. Unfortunately, Finn always kept his tucked into his shirt. And if he had to take his shirt off, he put it in his pocket. So there was a chance that my beliefs were wrong and we were not meant for each other. If of course, the soulmate theory was the answer to the necklaces. I thought it was. My parents thought it was something to do with the government. My baby brother, Orwell, had been born with a necklace whose gem sparkled like a galaxy against deep green. Mine was a simple baby blue. The only person i'd met who'd come close to having a similar gem to mine was a transfer student from Germany who had a deep blue gem. Oh well, i was fifteen. I had time. Grades were a higher concern of mine than soulmates...
"Sarah!" My mother's frazzled voice sounded from downstairs. "Let me guess, the dog got out again!" I shouted back and rolled out of bed where i had been laying on my phone for the past hour. "Can you get him please? I can't leave Orwell alone." She said nervously. I didn't respond. I was already on my way down anyway. We had moved into a rowhouse in Philadelphia when i was almost five years old. So i don't remember much else. Our little beagle, Doug, never got used to it and would constantly go out the front door. He was allowed in the tiny back yard but nowhere else. And since Orwell couldn't even hold his head up, my mother couldn't catch the dog. I flipped the light on that shone above our tiny front patio and stepped onto the sidewalk. Doug had run across the street and was sniffing around the sidewalk that led to another rowhouse. "DOUG!" I snapped and waited for the cars to pass before going across and grabbing my dog by his collar. "Come on, you miserable creature." I laughed and led him back in the front door. "Got him." I said to my mother and locked the door behind me. "Thank you!" Her voice sounded from the kitchen. Seconds later. My mother's tall, thin figure appeared in the hall. She held Orwell on her hip. My mother was beautiful. with her short, mouse brown hair and sparkly green eyes. I wish i looked more like her. "I still think dad should set up a chain and stake in the back yard." I laughed and let go of Doug's collar. "That wouldn't be fair to the little guy, though." My mother laughed. "Okay, mom." I laughed back as i went upstairs to my room. "Don't stay up there forever!" My mother called after me. "Daddy's going to be home within the hour and i expect you down for dinner." She added but did not follow me up the stairs or make any real attempt to stop me.
This was a lot of the life i led. It was rather boring. Or so i thought. But little did anyone know, that was all about to change.

________________________________
A/N
Hey guys! So i've been inspired to start a new story. I'm really hoping this goes well. I'm pretty excited about it and i hope you all enjoy it. Shoutout to soggyalien for helping me a little with the plot idea!
-Tinyemopixie