Chapter twenty six ~true love lives~

2:00 in the afternoon
Friday, May twenty-second, two thousand and sixty.
The exact moment i married my beautiful wife.
We had lived together for four years in my parents house and finally moved out when the both of us were twenty. We'd been engaged for a year when we finally got married.
My brother, Orwell. Was eight now. Plenty old enough to understand the differences and the likenesses between my relationship with Thea and straight couples' relationships.
My parents still lived in the old house with my brother. They didn't have any more kids after him. I suppose that could have been because of their taking Thea in under our roof.
Thea's parents stepped down from their positions in their church when they were forced to give up custody of their daughter. I can only assume this was to avoid publicity of what had happened. None of us have heard from them since.
Good riddance, as far as i'm concerned.
The necklaces still appear and have been proven many, many times over (thanks to my article breaking ground) to be linked to some sort of soulmate system.
The divorce rates have dropped dramatically all across the world.
I've spoken with several professors and social workers who would be going into more in depth studies than i did.
They've proven so much.
This can only help assure me that Thea is the one.
I love her.
Did i mention we were married now?!
Let me go back a ways to that for you...
We had decided upon getting married at the church I'd attended as a child. And still do, to this day.
I was wearing a suit and Thea sported the dress.
Miss Amy was still the pastor and she was going to be marrying us...
I stood up by the podium and looked out at the mass of chairs arranged in the sanctuary so that there was an aisle for Thea to walk down.
Then the music started playing. The classic bridal march rang out through the church. We had "borrowed" the current orchestra from Thea's old school, Masterman. They were somewhat hidden up in the balcony area.
It was beautiful.
And then it got better.
'Oh my God!' The doors at the back of the room swung open and Thea started walking up the aisle. My father was giving her away.
My knees suddenly felt like rubber and it was all that i could do to not faint right then and there. Everything seemed to switch back and forth between excruciatingly slow and fast forward. Seemingly seconds later we were standing facing each other while Pastor Amy read the vows.
"Do you, Sarah Elizabeth Richards, take Thea Poe Larkin to be your lawfully wedded wife, To have and to hold,
in sickness and in health,
for richer or for poorer?" She asked.
I nodded shakily and answered with a firm voice, "I do."
"And do you, Thea Poe Larkin, take Sarah Elizabeth Richards to be your lawfully wedded wife, To have and to hold,
in sickness and in health,
for richer or for poorer?"
Amy turned and asked Thea.
Thea's face went chalk white and she gulped, nodding slowly, "i-i do." She replied.
Orwell, our ring bearer, brought our gold wedding bands up on a tiny velvet pillow. First, i put Thea's ring on her hand. Then she did the same for me.
"I now pronounce you partners in marriage. Will the guests please rise and acknowledge Mrs. And Mrs. Sarah and Thea Larkin!" Amy paused for barely a second to turn to us as people stood up and began to clap, "you may kiss the bride." She said with just barely a devious smile on her face.
I slipped my hands carefully into the small of Thea's back, pulling her close and kissing her gently. Everything in me was screaming to go rougher with her. Just how i knew she liked. But that was reserved for the honeymoon.
Our kiss lasted for several seconds more and i could hear some of the guests getting louder.
I realized our necklaces had started glowing as if the crystals had been placed on top of a high wattage light bulb.
"Hello, Mrs. Larkin." Thea whispered, a playful smirk dancing across her face as she drew away from the kiss.
"So, this is what happens when the souls are locked forever..."I laughed, glancing down at our necklaces then hugging her tight as we walked down from the altar...

And now, two years later, we are living in a lovely apartment in the Rittenhouse complex.
We decided we liked the calmer, less center-city-like parts of Philadelphia and switched from a cheap high rise to this very soon after the wedding.
It was wonderful. Anywhere was wonderful as long as i remained with my beautiful wife and our unborn child.
Yes. Our unborn child. We had been talking about the idea of being mothers for several months and decided we were finally ready. Now, as you know, lesbians cannot get one another pregnant as easily as you think. We had to go to a sperm bank. Thea and I had agreed that she would carry the child. And if a second baby sounded like a good idea later down the road, i would carry the second.
That was a month or so ago. Still being very skinny, Thea was just starting to show. Even if it wasn't blatantly obvious, i knew our child was there. Every time i looked at her, i felt this overwhelming wave of bliss wash over me.
I loved her.
And she loved me.
And our child was going to be just as beautiful as she was.