7. Who cares

It had been a week since my first kiss. And I felt so bad. My mom walked into my room with a huge grin on her face.

"What..?" I asked her.

"I met someone" she smirks sitting on my bed.

This was the first time since my father that she had been interested in someone.

"Really?" I questioned.

She nodded. "Indeed, I have a date tomorrow." She winked.

I smiled. "Great!" I felt happy for her but I didn't know about letting a new fatherly figure into my life. But I didn't care. My moms happiness is what matters.

"What about you, interested in any guys?" She sits on my bed.

I glance over at Ian's window because he's staring at me and my mom. "Nope.."

She looks at Ian and Ian waves. "How about Ian?" She asks.

"Nope. He's just my perverted neighbor!" I laugh.

She sighs. "Well, I have a date tonight so."

"Oh that reminds me! Liza wanted me to go to a party." I mumbled.

"Alright. Be home by.... Well. Same as last time" she pays my head and leaves.

My mom was young so she understood my "teenage urge" to go out.

––

I walked outside and got into my car. I drove to the party. Liza got a ride with Robert.

I arrived at the party and got out. Liza caught my eye. She was having a drink talking to Robert.

I walked over to them "hey guys" I smiled.

"Hey!" Liza hugged me.

"Go get yourself a drink!" Liza pushed me.

I walk towards where all the drinks were it was another outdoor party. I grabbed a beer and took a sip. I wouldn't let what happened last time again.

Luca approached me smiling. "Hey."

I also hadn't seen Ian or Luca since. The kiss..

"Hey..." I stares at him before taking another sip of my beer.

"Don't drink to much" he warns me.

"Not planning on it..." I sigh.

"Something wrong?" He turns to me.

I shake my head. "Just.... Nothing!" I reassure him and stand up.

I walk away and try to avoid people and that's when I see a horrific sigh.

Ian's making out with some girl against a tree, doesn't sound too bad? She's shirtless. And her shirts beside them.

I started laughing. They turned to me and I stood there laughing so hard years poured down my face.

I caught my breath and walked towards the lake.

I sat down in the sand and started drinking my beer. "People these days..." I mumble to myself. I started writing random stuff in the sand and before I know it I was writing Ian's name. I quickly covered it up. "What.." I signed.

Ian sat beside me freaking me out. "WHEN DID YOU GET HERE!" I shouted.

"Now." He smiles.

"Shouldn't you go back to your girl" I ask teasingly.

"Nope. Boyfriend." He laughs.

"....." I stare at him.

"She had a boyfriend."

"That's never stopped you before" I spit. Yes, he had had sex with a girl who had a boyfriend. But he DIDNT know. And when he found out. He. Was. Furious.

"....." He snorted angrily. "Where's your lover boy." He asks.

"Don't have one. Sorry son" I started to get angry.

"Luca." He turned to me.

He didn't know about the kiss. Did he? "What do you mean..." I looked at him.

"Kiss" he smirked.

"He kissed me" I crossed my arms.

"And you wanted it don't lie" he rests his chin on his hands grinning. 

"No! I didn't. I don't like any of the guys.  They're either stuck up jerks like you! Or my best friend like Luca!" I stormed off.

"Bestfriends Can turn into boyfriends!" He yells.

"....no... They won't.." I mumble and drop my beer. I get a aching pain in my head. I can't be drunk. This is too painful. I only had 1 beer.

Everything starts spinning. And suddenly. I'm on the ground.

*ians p.o.v*

I watch echo walk away. She so stubborn. I go to look away but she falls.

I get up to help her up.

"Echo?" I ask her.

"GO AWAY! STOP SCREAMING!" She yells holding her head.

"I'm not screaming." I'm near a whisper.

"SHUT UP!" She yells and tried standing up but faints.

I catch her and pick her up bridal style. We weren't too far from her house. She could pick up her car in the morning.

I couldn't find her house key. "I guess she was planning to go to Liza's?" I sigh. "She can't party.." I arty her into my house and lay her on my bed tucking her into the covers and walking downstairs to the couch. "Damn, why do I have to care" I question.

––

*echos p.o.v*

"Where am I..." I mutter opening my eyes.

"My house" Ian smiles.

"I-Ian? Why am I here?!? What did you do?!?" I sit up.

"You passed out. I did nothing. I couldn't find your keys. And Liza drove your car home, sloppily but she did it. And your cars fine" he sat down.

"....I don't feel drunk why did I pass out..." I ask.

"How would I know." He smiles.

"Cause... Uh..." I stand up. "I need to go home" I push past him and walk to my house where my mother is standing at the door.

"Echo!" She spits.

"What..?" I look at her.

"You spent the night at a boys?!?" She spits.

I walk inside. "I passed out mom. Don't worry.... Nothing happened. Or EVER will between me and Ian waters.." I walk up to my room. I walk to my bathroom and run a bath. "I slept in the virginity takers house and I'm still a virgin" I snort. "His powers of lust won't work on me!" I get into the tub and sink underwater.