12.The Date

I sit on my bed bored out of my mind. "Maybe I should call of this bet.." I mumble.

Just as I say that my phone rings. "Ian" I mumble pressing answer. "Hello?"

"Hey. I was wondering, wanna go out?" He asks.

"What?" What... Kind of go out??

"Like for dinner or something."

Oh.. "Uh, sure.... I guess that's cool!"

"Well, how about tonight at 7:00?" He asks.

"Sure.."

––

"What am I gonna wear...!" I mumble. "Is this even a date? Or am-"

"Shut up!" Liza laughs. "If you freak out.... Just, remember you're gonna reject him!"

"Right..." I mumble.

She pinks out a yellow (sunflower) dress and black flats.

I stand there smiling like a freak. "I look good.."

I was mostly obsessed with my hair

––

I was breathing slowly sitting on the couch with Liza.

"Why did you make this bet?" I turned to her.

"Well? You like him don't you? I thought maybe it's teach you how much of a jerk he is." she sighs.

"Well....." I shook my head.

DING

I stood up and walked over to the door and opened it staring at Ian. In. A. Tux!

He smiled and Liza hid in the back watching us.

"You look great" he hugs me.

I blush. "Oh... Thanks.." I smiled.

It was December 20th.

––

Out date was great, we went to Olive Garden and he was driving me home.

––

I stared at him smiling.

He has his iPhone hooked up, and the song I promise by set it off came on. I started singing along softly, it's one of my favorite songs.

I smiled to myself.

He looked at me.

The ride was longish, we had about 30 minutes left.

I rested my head against the window. "So, you like set it off? It just that song" I asked.

"I like set it off, my favorite song by them is you are loved"

"I like that song, but I promise is my favorite" I answered.

––

We pulled into his driveway and he decided to walk across the street with me to my house.

We stood at my door.

I looked at him while putting my hand on the door handle. "I had a great time, thank you" I smiled and looked to the side as snow started to fall.

I smiled. And looked back at Ian.

He took a step towards me and grabbed my cheek lightly, before pressing his lips gently against mine.

I blushed and stood there wide eyed for a moment before gaining control me kissing him back.

The kiss lasted what seemed like hours. When we finally pulled away he was smirking. "I had a good time too. We should do it again some time" he walked away.

I opened my door to see Liza still sitting on my couch. "So, how was your date?" She asked.

".... It was great.... And I swear if you ever tell him that this is a dare I'll kill you" I mumble flopping beside her.

"Did you fall even more I love with him..?" She asks.

"Maybe..." I mumble.

"You smell like him"

––

I wake up still in my dress.

I sit up slowly remembering the events of yesterday and rubbing my lips before a large smile forms on them.