71

"Hey, Spence that's my sock!" Toby said, poking his head round the bathroom door, I looked down and on one of my feet was Toby's dark blue sock. It was soft. I liked it.

"Sorry," I smiled mischievously, but didn't take the sock off. "Do you mind if I wear it?"

"No I don't," he said, then, suddenly, he charged towards me and rugby tackled me onto the bed. I screamed out and laughed hysterically. We lay there for a little while.

"I'm on to you Mrs Cavanaugh." Toby whispered, our legs tangled together. "You've been stealing my socks since we first started dating!"

I avoided his gaze guiltily, but I couldn't stop a subtle smile spreading across my face.

"And you know what?
I love you because you steal my socks.
I love you because when I find you wearing them, they never match.
I love you because they're far too big for you and the grey part for the heel sits far too high but you don't notice.
I love you because you wear them to sleep and one always falls off and you wake up in the middle of the night and can never find it. And your foot is cold. So I wrap my arm around you to make you feel warm again. I love you."

"Only you could make me stealing your socks sound cute and romantic." I said, shuffling my body slightly closer to his and laughing.

"With you Spence, everything is romantic," his mouth opened revealing a perfectly white smile, and he held up a sock. The one that had fallen off of my foot last night, and I hadn't been able to find.