Passcode

I ran to Chloe to see a big crowd where she is supposed to be.

Ohno.

I run up and pushed my way through the crowd. Which wasn't easy since almost everyone was bigger than me. Finally I made my way to the front to see a perfect circle clearing with two people.

Chloe and the handsome boy, Nathan.

"WHERE'S MY FUCKING MONEY!?" Nathan yelled. He walked up to Chloe so their toes were touching.

"Chill out dude!" Chloe says as she shoves him back. Chloe was a good few inches taller than Nathan.

"I want my god damn money!" He snaps.

"I'll get it to you by the end of the month." She stated calmly as if she's done this multiple times before.

"I've given you enough time Price!" He snapped, he sounded as if he was gritting his teeth. He stepped up and swung at Chloe.

She ducked right in time and tackled him. He was famed into the wall where Chloe held one of his shoulders with her one hand and punched him with the other. You could see his face turning black and blue.

I ran up and pulled Chloe's arm.

"You're going to kill him!" I stated. "Let him go!"

She didn't listen but pushed me. I fell to the ground, face first. Pain shot up through my face and I felt blood trickle down my for head. I touched it out of curiosity and pulled it back.

My fingers were covered in a red, sticky liquid. Blood.

"Chloe!" I snapped. I felt myself getting light headed. "Chloe..."

"MAX!?" I heard Chloe yell. I saw her run to me as everything went black.

--------

I opened my eyes to see a blinding light. I blinked a few times and looked around. I'm in a hospital room. Everything is white.

Except for Chloe's blue hair.

She was a sleep in a chair. One of her hands in a fist with her head rested on it.

I felt a smile crawl in my face, but when I remember what happened it drops.

Chloe pushed me..

She didn't mean to.

I touch my head to feel a soft cloth. Pain spread through my head.

"Ow!" I said.

"Max?" I heard someone mumble, my eyes traveled towards the noise to Chloe's blue eyes staring back at me.

"Chloe.." I said. She smiled weakly, but soon fades and walks up to me. Her eyes land on my head and she grabs my hand.

My stomach erupts in butterflies. She squeezes it lightly.

"Max. I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened I just I'm s-" She stammers and I squeeze her hand and she looks at me.

"Its okay. How long was I out?" I asked. Her eyes fall to our hands joined together. I felt her thumb make small circles on my hand.

"A few days." She mumbles.

"Oh." I simply say.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.. I wou-" She starts ranting. My next actions were stupid. I gripped her cheeks and pulled her face towards mine. Our lips joined together and I started to move them together.

She tenses up. I feel her hands go to my shoulder and she pushes me away lightly. Our eyes lock together and they both are wide in surprise.

"Ma-Max!" She said.

"Chloe. I'm so sorry!" I say, but before I finish my sentence she was out the door.

I feel tears well up and I don't hold them back. They travel down my face and to my chin, dripping onto the blanket.

Soon a doctor walks in. I was only half paying attention, but I heard I will be leaving tomorrow. The doctor leaves as a nurse enters, she injects something into the tube connected to my arm. I drift to sleep, tears stained on my face.

----------

I wake up and dress, the doctor enters telling me I can go. I look in the bag of my stuff to find two phones.

Mine and Nathans.

I look at Nathans to see it is a 4 number pass code. A sigh escapes my lips as I look at my phone.

I have three messages. I open the phone to see two from mom, I quickly reply and look at the third.

Chloe 😎

I didn't mean to leave like that... I was taken by surprise, sorry. I'll finish the investigation with you ONLY if you don't try something like that again or talk about it. Deal?

My heart sinks slightly knowing she doesn't feel the same, but it doesn't break knowing she'll still try and finish this.

Okay. Deal. :)

Chloe 😎

NO EMOJIS!!! And cool. See you later.

I close my phone and walk outside, I got to the bus stop and wait. Soon a bus arrives and I go to Blackwell to my dorm.

I walk in and unlock my door, when I enter I see a blue haired rebel.

"GOD DAMMIT!" I snap. Chloe looks up and smirks.

"Hey Blackwell ninja." She says. I simply smile and toss the phone at her.

"Pass code.." I simply say. She looks at it. She taps something in.

"I'm in." She says not looking up or acting excited.

"What?!" I asked sitting next to her, I lean over her shoulder and move closer. She doesn't move as I feel our legs touching.

"Well.. If you've known Nathan like I do, you know he is stupid enough to use his own birthday." She says. She looks at different messages and stops at a certain one.

Rachel is in the dark room.

Good.

Sir.. Did I do good?

What did I say. Call me Mr.Jefferson. and yes.

My eyes go wide as I see what happened. I look at Chloe who is looking at me with equal surprise.

"Mr. Jefferson.." I simply say. She nods.