Truth

"Chloe?" I mumble, taking a small step towards her. She bends down to grab the movie off the floor. My face heats up and I look at my feet.

"What's up Maximilian?" She says with a smile as she pops the movie in. Chloe lays down and pats the spot next to her. I don't take it, instead I start pacing, trying to string the words properly.

"I..." My voice cracked and was weak. Chloe jumped up and stood in front of me. Her hands gripped my shoulders lightly.

"What's wrong Max?" She said looking me in the eyes. Her eyes were so blue and filled with concern. I smiled at the breathtaking sight but it quickly faded.

"Emily kissed me." I said. It wasn't really a statement. It was more like a question.

"Did y-you kiss her back?" She asked. Probably doubting herself, thinking I was slowly drifting from her.

"What?! No! Never!" I said quickly. Chloe nodded but her eyes still showing doubt and sadness.

"That's all that matters." She said finally with a smirk. Chloe laid down and I laid next to her. Snuggling close to her body. Savouring the moment and her warmth. Her arm pulled me close and rubbed my side lightly.

We watched The Lion King. As Simba ran across the dry desert Chloe shifted and cleared her throat.

I looked up at her to see her looking very uncomfortable. My lips connected to her jawline, she moved her head the other way and stared at the wall. I moved so I could sit up.

My slim fingers touched her chin lightly and moved her face towards me. She looked me in the eyes and looked down quickly.

"Chloe what's wrong?" I ask. She shook her head. "Chloe. Tell me."

"Did... Did you enjoy it?" She asks. Her voice sounded broken.

"What?" I ask. She gets up off the bed and stands there. Tapping her fingers against her side.

"You know what I meant. Did you enjoy the kiss?" She said. I did know what she meant, I knew the question. It still threw me off.

"N-no." I said. She walked to the door and I ran to it. Standing between her and the door. Her eyes showed anger but her face was covered with sadness.

"Move." She said calmly. I shook my head. "Move!"

I was taken by surprise but I stood my ground. She stood a little taller to intimidate me. But it didn't work.

"I didn't enjoy the kiss." I snapped. Chloe shook her head and turned to walk to the other side of the room. Just trying to get away from me.

"Really?" She asked. Chloe ran her hands through her hair giving a slight tug from anger. "Max I see the way you look at her!"

"What?" I asked confused. Chloe let out a small laugh, but not with joy. She looked at me with wide eyes and a smile that didn't belong there with the situation.

"The way you smile at what she says! How your eyes wonder her body! How your eyes stay on her longer then normal! I know that you like her! I know that because that's how I act around you!" She says. Chloe takes a deep breath and her face goes stone cold.

I don't like Emily.

No.

I love Chloe.

I don't like Emily.

Do I?

No I don't.

"Just tell me you didn't enjoy the kiss and I'll stay." Chloe states calmly.

I didn't enjoy it. No I didn't. But why am I hesitating to tell Chloe that.

The way Emily's soft lips felt on mine didn't feel right. It only lasted a few seconds. My mind ran a thousand miles per hour. Chloe stuffed her hands in her pockets. I open my mouth to say no, but I close it right away.

Chloe looked at her feet. She shook her head. I went to comfort her but stopped myself. She sniffed and looked up at me. Her eyes were red and puffy, tears streaming her face.

"And I actually thought you loved me back." She said.

"I do! I love you Chloe with all my heart!" I said as I walked towards her. Tears started to sting my eyes. Chloe stepped back.

"Really?" She asked. I nod. "Do you have feelings for Emily?"

"N-no." I say. Chloe let's out a chuckle. It was deep and husky, filled with frustration and anger.

"You're a horrible fucking liar Max. Fucking horrible." She said. She stormed towards the door. She bumped into my shoulder and left.

And just liked that....

I felt empty.