Chapter 3

Thanks to those who are supporting this story so far! Feel free to give any suggestions. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Your Perspective:

You felt a loud pounding in your ears when you sighted the car, heading straight for the student's path. However, he didn't seem to be paying attention to the car, his eyes set forward as he walked across the crosswalk.

"Watch out!" you called out to the student, your cry cutting through the air like a sword slicing through the air. You saw the student recoil at your scream, staring around wildly, until he finally sighted the car heading straight towards him.

You continued running until your muscles felt like they were on fire, burning in your wake as you bolted forward with all of your strength.

You couldn't let that student get crushed.

You saw the student freeze with fear sizzling through the air around him. There was no time for him to move. He wouldn't be able to veer out of the car's way by himself.

You took a deep breath. You had to help him somehow. You mustered your courage, and took on full speed as you headed straight towards the student, who was only now starting to make a run for it. But the car was inching closer and closer, making no move of stopping...

You made it to the crosswalk, exhaustion weighing you down, but you know you had to save the student. You couldn't just witness him getting crushed like that.

Then, in a last minute attempt to save him, you leaped into the air, and straight into the path of the car.

Time seemed to slow down for a split second, as you thrusted your hands forward, slamming into the student's back. He let out a yelp as you stared wide-eyed as the side of the car suddenly whipped right past you, your shoe barely touching the cool metal.

Then, time returned to normal, and you and the student both fell face-first into the cement of the road.

Coughing as you tried to get the grit out of your mouth, you shake your head, feeling light-headed and bewildered. You had saved the student at the right time, but it could have been the matter of an inch. You and the student could have both been crushed by the car if you hadn't leaped out soon enough. Your heart felt weak by just thinking about it.

You turned your gaze toward the student, who was a boy, curling on the road and groaning. He spat out a rock that had gotten into his mouth, but his identity was still unknown, since he was still facing away from you. His hair was ruffled, and the color of his hair was strawberry blonde.

Wait.

Strawberry blonde?

You held your breath as the student turned to reveal his face.

"G-Gakushu?" you murmured as your eyes suddenly met with violet ones. Your eyes widened as you watched him groan to himself, as he got on his knees weakly.

As much as you always hated him, you still had to help him. Besides, he'd almost had gotten crushed by a car! You could barely get over the moment of fear as the car swished passed them, not even thinking a second thought about the student it would be crushing. Gakushu Asano or not, you were still genuinely worried.

"A-are you okay?" you said uneasily, a little unsure what to say. You sat there awkwardly for a moment, not knowing what to do. Gakushu stared blankly back at you. You patiently waited for him to make a retort, conjuring up an insult for pushing him into the cement. But he didn't say a word. You guessed that would be the case, anyway. Even a perfect brat like him would still be shaken up about an incident like this.