Chapter 6

The next day proceeded normally, starting with you slumping at your desk and trying to cram formulas in your head. But every once in a while, you took a glance behind you at Gakushu, your mind wrapped around what had happened yesterday.

He. Kissed. Me. Oh. God.

Those were the only thoughts that filled your mind. You didn't know why he'd done it, but you certainly needed answers. He had literally kissed you and ran away without another word! But what did that even mean? You had only thought that you had recently just become friends, until that happened.

When the final school bell rang loud and clear, the students immediately jumped to their feet, eager to head out of class. You decided to follow Gakushu so you could ask him about last evening, but you made sure to stay a few students behind him, so it wouldn't look too suspicious. It would sure be strange if the others found out you out of all people were hanging out with Gakushu Asano.
It was better to keep it a secret, especially since yesterday's....er...kiss.

You began walking your normal route home, but made sure that Gakushu was still visible in the distance. After you were sure there were no other students that would see you, then you began hurtling towards him, a million questions already forming in your mind.

"Gakushu-kun!"" you called, as you stood in front of him. He stopped abruptly in his tracks, and self-consciously glanced around.

"It's okay. No one's around to see us," you clarified, as you scratched the back of your head. "I just wanted to talk..."

Gakushu's eyes narrowed, but you sighted a flicker of nervousness in his eyes.

"It's about...er..." Your voice became hoarse for a second. After clearing your throat for a few seconds, you were finally able to choke out, "I was...wondering about...y-you know, yesterday. You sort of just k-kissed me and left in such a hurry...er, yeah. I-I didn't quite understand..."

You blushed as you glanced at the ground in embarrassment unable to meet his gaze. The conversation had already taken an awkward turn.

Gakushu just stared at you with a dull expression in his eyes for a second, as if he was thinking the situation through. "Well, perhaps that is true..."

His eyes were unblinking and steely, seeming to bore a hole right through you. He seemed reluctant in talking about it. He probably wanted you to back off the topic, but you were defiant in your choices. You wanted answers, and you wouldn't leave without them.

"Gakushu-san, just tell me. You don't have to be so cold all the time!" you snapped, anger flaring in your eyes.

You just didn't get him anymore. He was nice one second, and then cold and distant the next second.

Gakushu just crossed his arms stubbornly as he always did, but a smirk spread across his face. "Quit following me, you idiot."

Your anger only grew as you balled your hands into fists. "Why won't you be straightforward with me for once? LISTEN TO ME!"

Gakushu winced a little as your voice echoed across the clearing. "Watch your mouth, (Y/N). Somebody might hear you."

"Oh yeah? Why are you so terrified of others knowing that I'm friends with you? Is it because I'm so much dumber than you? That I'm not considered an individual, unlike you? You and your father are just the same, you know?"

Gakushu's smiled faded, his eyes taking on a cruel light. "You have to be more careful with your tongue, or perhaps you've forgotten than we can easily suspend you from school, by having the guts to say such words."