Chapter 15

Alright, so perhaps standing outside the chairman's office and snooping in on the conversation wasn't exactly the right thing to do...but hey, you were curious.

You peered through a small crack near the side of the door with your right eye, squinting to see what was happening inside. You could faintly see Gakushu standing among the other Five Virtuosos, with the chairman sitting at the end of the room, looking upon them with steely cold eyes. For a moment, you had to look away in fear, flinching at his sharp gaze. There was always this strange, harsh light seeming to glow from them, and it always gave you the shivers. Even though he probably wouldn't find out that you were eavesdropping, he was just plain scary.

Damn...he's so creepy sometimes. And why isn't anyone turning on the lights? It's so dark in there, you thought, as you shuddered involuntarily. You didn't know why, but you were getting the feeling that something was going to go wrong.

Regaining your courage, you peered through the small crack again, and heard the first snatches of conversation.

"We were easily able to beat Class E in the school festival, father," Gakushu's voice said, as you dimly sighted him bowing in respect as you squinted through the cracked wood. You felt a sour taste bloom in your mouth when you heard him say the word 'father' -- you just couldn't get over the fact that they did have a family relation.

Mr. Asano sure doesn't seem like the fatherly type... you thought with a frown. Damn, whenever he glances at me in the hallways, it looks like knives are in his eyes, waiting to strike.

You watched with growing worry as the chairman looked up at the five students with a strange gleam residing in his eyes. "I see. Class A has dominated first and second place," he grunted. Clearing his throat, he stood up from his chair and smirked.

"I'm sure we showed them their limits. We crushed their business!" another one of the Virtuosos said optimistically, clenching his fists.

The students' faces looked triumphant, appearing glad to have beaten their rivals once again, but the chairman just gazed upon them coldly, his face expressionless. "Hmph. You still can't seem to comprehend me. You may have defeated them, but they were still able to receive a respectable position of third place."

Gakushu's shoulders tensed, his eyes meeting his father's, and they both stared at one another with intense gazes.

"So what? We still won," Gakushu snapped, his facial expressions making it look like he was going to go up in flames from his anger. "What are you trying to imply?"

The chairman carefully looked at his son with a haunting look on his face. "Simple. You could have just poisoned Class E's food, as they were having a successful business with lots of customer attraction. If they hadn't run out of supplies, who knows? They might have won."

Poison? Is he crazy?! you thought to yourself in shock. Never would you have dreamed to do such a terrible thing just to make their loss bigger. What is he thinking?

Gakushu seemed to think the same way, since his eyebrows furrowed and he was jamming his fists together. "Class E had a battle plan. It would have been impossible to defeat them at a higher margin than --"

"Incorrect." He cut off his son's line before he could finish. "Poisoning their food is a swift way in reducing trustworthiness in Class E's restaurant. You could have easily spread rumors as well. You ignored the most useful of endeavors."

Gakushu's eyes widened slightly. Ren, who was right next to him, was beginning to break out in cold sweat.

"Your teaching is inconsistent..." Gakushu muttered, averting his gaze to the floor. "I must say that Class E is getting stronger...and it's strangely been a motivation for Class A. Do you expect us to do such a thing?"

"The strong don't simply win over the weak like that. You should know that," Mr. Asano simply stated, as a shadow fell across his face in the midst of the nearly-dark office. "Now, Gakushu, could you step out for three minutes? I'd like to speak with the four of your friends for a moment."

He looked like he was about to protest, his shoulders tense, but Ren just shot him a smile. "C'mon, Gakushu. What's three minutes?"

Gakushu sighed in defeat, and was beginning to head towards the exit of the office. Quickly, you removed your gaze from the crack and ducked into the next vacant classroom that had mistakenly been left open. You heard the small click of the door, and heard Gakushu's footsteps resounding outside, before it closed again.

For a moment, it was eerily quiet, as you sat in the middle of the empty classroom quietly. Your eyes were glued to the clock, watching its slow progress until three minutes were over. You heard Gakushu closing the door behind him again, and you quickly ran back and peered through the door crack again.

You so surprised at what you saw that you let out a small gasp, cupping your hands over your mouth.

"Destroy Class E...Destroy Class E..."

That was all the four students could mutter, their heads downcast to the ground. You almost were positive that a black aura was surrounding them.

WHAT THE HECK DID HE JUST DO!?

Gakushu's eyes widened, as he stared at the condition of his friends with shaky hands, while all you could do was watch in silence. So this is what his father was like. You backed away slowly from the door, only to break into a run, racing towards your classroom. Even though the teacher raised an eyebrow at you when you entered the room ten whole minutes late, and even gave you a whole lecture about responsibility, you weren't really listening. Your heart was still thudding loudly from the shock of it all.

Does Gakushu seriously live with this monster...?

----------------
Sorry for the long wait, everyone! But I hope everyone has has a happy new year.

(And now we can torture Gakushu and you more in the next chapter...Hehehe....)

Love you all!