Chapter 14

Gakushu stood in front of you, his eyes seeming to be much more piercing than before. His bright colored hair stood out against the setting behind him, which were numerous trees standing in the distance.

"Hey, Gakushu!" you called out happily. With a carefree twinkle in your eyes, you bolted up towards him, about to tackle him with a hug. He just motionlessly stared as you ran up towards him. But before you could wrap your arms around his neck, his eyes narrowed and he pulled away, letting out an annoyed hiss. He left you tackling empty air. With wide eyes, you plummeted straight into the ground, the grass blades itching your face.

'What... why did he move away from me?' you thought, confused. Scratching your head, you turned to him with a genuinely hurt expression on your face.

"Hey, what's up with you? You're acting weird..." you pointed out, as you studied his face. For some reason, there was something different about him today. His fists were clenched, shaking slightly, and his violet eyes were burning with fire.

Is he... angry?

"What's wrong, Gakushu?"

He turned away, with some of his hair falling over his face. He let out a shaky breath, as if he was in great pain.

"(Y/N). Please go away from me."

You stared at him in utter shock, only to let out a half-hearted laugh. "Haha, you're kidding right? We've been together for so long now. I know that you don't see Class E the way I do, but that doesn't change anything, right?"

When he heard the word 'Class E' in your statement, you thought you saw his face flinch back for a moment, but he immediately set his posture again.

"I'm serious. Go away. Forget I was ever friends with you. From now on, we part ways."

No way. He can't be serious. This isn't real. This can't be...

"I won't leave you!" you cried out, grabbing his arm, but he shook you off with such force that you fell to the ground for the second time. You yelled in pain when you felt your ankle being sprained at the impact.

"Didn't you hear me the first time, (Y/N)?  Go. Away." His words were filled with such bitterness that you gasped as if someone had punched you in the gut.

"B-but...this can't be true. You said you loved me. I heard you say it to me, baka! How can you take back our relationship after we've been together for so long? I know it. You reside in my heart."

Gakushu smirked a little, as if amused by the shaking in your voice. "Hmph. I was just playing with your feelings for a while, seeing what would happen. I must say, you did give me something entertaining for a while."

No. He's lying. (Y/N)'s relationship with him couldn't be all just a game.

"STOP THAT!" you screamed straight in his face, but he just laughed in response, completely unaffected by it.

"I might have kept you a little more...but you don't support Class A. You want to be friends with Class E. How pathetic."

No.

This isn't happening.

It's not real.

Gakushu turned to walk away, but you forced yourself up again even with the pain sprouting from your foot. Limping to him with great effort, you clamped your hand on his shoulder feebly. Before you knew it, tears were collecting themselves in your eyes, spilling down your face.