Chapter 10

You shuffled down the hallways, filing out of the auditorium in the midst of the wave of students.

Moments before, all of Kunugigaoka's students, including Class E, had been called into the stage room for an announcement. It was about the cultural festival that was coming up.

The goal of the cultural festival was to start a business selling food, in order to represent our culture. The items on the shop menu couldn't cost more than 300 yen, and special event items could be up to 600 yen. It was a competition between all of the classes in which business would raise the most money.

You thought hard of any ideas that would be useful, but you came out blank. A business? I don't even know where to start!

Then, you heard the sound of footsteps approaching you, and turning around, you found Gakushuu heading towards your direction.

You rolled your eyes as some lovesick girls made googly eyes at each other, pointing at him from behind his back.

"Handsome, isn't he?"

"I'd die to be his girlfriend!

"He's so talented! I'd love to be him!"

You felt a stab of anger at their idiotic statements, but Gakushuu just murmured, "Don't let them get to you. It's not the first time that girls have done that."

"I know, but they still tick me off..." you muttered, as you fell into step next to him. As you walked alongside him, girls began giving you glares.

"What's that piece of trash doing with Mr. Perfect?"

"Hmph. She better keep her distance."

"She's one of the lowest scoring in Class A!"

Your ears burned red at their rude snatches of words, seeming to cut into your soul, as guilt seeped through you. Even then, you purposefully tilted your chin upwards, sending glares at anyone who dared to challenge your relationship.

When the crowd thinned, you were grateful for more privacy, sighing in relief. Then, you turned to Gakushuu.

"So, what are you planning to do for the cultural festival, anyway?" you asked, fiddling with the hem of your uniform.

Seemingly out of nowhere, he took out a stack of papers, brandishing them with his hands. "I already have the planning made out for the floor plan, and the idea to attract customers of all kinds. The budget will be in perfect harmony with the profit margin, according to these notes, and--"

"Hold on!" you interrupted, trying to process what he had just said. "The contest was only just announced today. How do you already have a plan set out and ready?"

He just shrugged like it was nothing. "I took elaborate, detailed notes during the assembly. So, while everyone else was simply spending their valuable time away, I was able to map out the perfect setting in which will win the cultural festival for certain."

Sweat rolled down your face as you looked at the thick stack of papers. "U-um, okay then..."

Gakushuu is a superhuman, for goodness sake! you thought to yourself, smiling. He wasn't a perfectionist for nothing. He would surely seize first place, that was for sure.

"I'll see you later, (Y/N). I have to submit the business plan to the dealers, who will help sustain the shop. After that, I'll give you some more information on what we're going to do."

You watched as Gakushuu rushed along down the hallways, the papers held tightly in his grip, and you couldn't help but laugh to yourself. Only in junior high, and already making business with a professional dealer!