Hobbiton

The level of awkward couldn't have been worse at the moment with you standing pajama clad and incredibly pale in the light of day. Dozens of slightly alarmed eyes watched as you processed what you should do. In truth, you had no idea! Half of you wanted desperately to crawl back inside the cave and wake up in your own bed, but the other, more logical side of you, said this wasn't going to produce any sort of result except maybe some more scrapes on your feet. The most panic inducing thought was that this wasn't a dream. You've had enough to know the difference.

Every muscle in your body tensed, and your breathing came raggedly as you tried to piece together the events. Nothing... You were completely blank. You had to find some answers! Sucking up what dignity you had left, you slowly made your way across the grass towards a group of people still staring at you with a strange distaste. As you got closer you realized just how small these people were! Barely more than half your height! Were they midgets? No. Nothing about them was out of proportion, except maybe their feet!

Even as you tried to act as normal as possible, the rest of the village still eyed you like an apparition. It was driving you crazy! Why did they stop working!? Haven't they ever seen a person before!? Then you noticed it... You looked around at the other women among them, and they were all very much covered where you weren't! Immediately, every drop of blood rushed to your face, along with your heartbeat ringing in your ears. Wherever you were, it certainly wasn't exposed to the same kind of culture you were used to! You were already out of place with your height! Why did your clothing had to make things worse!?

Just when you were about to bolt somewhere out of sight, a series of sharp cracks and whistles, followed by screams of delight jolted everyone out of their trance. Snapping your head in the direction, you immediately recognized the sound of fireworks anywhere! Oh thank God, civilization!! Your horrid embarrassment quickly gave your feet wings as you flew across the grassy hills towards the last echoes of the noise. Whoever set them off could probably help you. Your relief was short-lived when you rounded a bend to see nothing but a rickety old cart clattering down the dirt road.

Groaning in disappointment, every bone in your body wanted to scream to the heavens your frustration at your predicament. You could've sworn you heard fireworks! The one sign of civilization was lost. You were lost! Lost in a foreign land, barely clothed, with no memory of how you got here or why! Most people would've broken down right in the middle of the road, which seemed like a reasonable response at the moment, though you knew it wouldn't do any good! Instead, you just let out a frustrated screech and gripped the roots of your hair.

After you little episode was over and you had the chance to breath steadily, a voice from the cart ahead of you called out, "I say, my dear, are you alright?"

Glancing up from the dirt your (e/c) eyes met the kind grey ones of an old man. They sparkled with wisdom, compassion and a bit of amusement. To your relief, he was indeed human. A human of your normal size none the less. Though his appearance looked like one out of a fairytale. Dressed entirely in grey, along with the wizard-like pointed hat, his silver beard cascaded over his scarf revealing his age. You caught your bearings again when he interrupted your thoughts, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were lost," He eyed your attire, "And certainly not from anywhere around here."

The heat returned again, and you awkwardly pulled at the hems to feel normal, "Uh, yes... Can you... tell me where I am?" You walked a little closer to shorten the gap, your feet still tender from the terrain.

He smiled and tugged on the reigns of the cart to keep the horse steady, "Why you are in Hobbiton, my dear."

You bit your lip. Hobbiton? You've never heard of that city before. Then again it was a village in the middle of nowhere, "Hobbi-- Um... How about which state?" You could tell he was starting to get just as confused as you were.