Tennalda Firië Foa (Until Your Dying Breath)

The armory had only a few men left by the time you reached it as you searched through the dusty pieces of metal and leather for something that would remotely fit you. Nothing was made for your figure, so you had to improvise. Finally you settled on a chainmail shirt, that didn't constrict your chest, and a leather vest that you tightened with a few belts. The men that were left gave you strange glances as you suited up, clearly surprised that a woman was preparing for battle.

One middle aged man approached you, grabbing your arm, "What are you doing? You should be down in the caves, not getting ready for battle!"

Just before you could wrench your arm from his grasp with a snide comment, Aragorn appeared behind you, "Release her. She is under my command. She has as much right to defend this keep as you do."

The man let go of your arm and slowly backed away, staying silent. You bit your lip, hating the strange tension between you, "Thanks..."

"Gi nathlam,"* He nodded, thinking for a moment, clearly wanting to say more. He decided against it and looked about for his sword.

Legolas held it out for him, a guilty look upon his face, "We have trusted you this far. You have not led us astray... Forgive me. I was wrong to despair."

Aragorn placed a hand on Legolas' shoulder, "Ú-moe edaved, Legolas."*

Gimli appeared behind the corner, struggling with his chainmail, "We had time, I'd get this adjusted," he let it drop to the floor, the extra mail pooling around his feet. He saw you all gave him a strange look, "It's a little tight across the chest."

You all grinned to yourselves, thankful for Gimli's very serious but wonderful sense of humor. Amongst your thoughts a high pitched horn sounded from outside the depths of the armory. 

  Legolas' eye grew wide, "That is no Orc horn!" He turned and bolted out the entrance to the armory and up to the battlements.

Grabbing Bellhûn, you raced up the steps after him, eager to see what had gotten Legolas so excited, since he didn't get excited very often. making your way through the meager ranks of men, your vision caught hold of something glinting in the darkness through the shadows of many bodies. As you turned the corner, your jaw dropped in a large smile. Rows upon rows of cloaked elves lined the corridors of Helm's Deep, and in their command was Haldir, the elf you met in Lothlorien.

"Mae Govannen!"* Aragorn skipped down the steps and hugged him, smiling from ear to ear, "You are most welcome."

Aragorn's actions were infectious, making Haldir smile at the welcome he had received, "We are proud to fight alongside Men once more."

You glanced over at Legolas who had slipped in behind Haldir's side. He was grinning, determination and mischief filling his eyes. The pride he felt for his people was clear, and the chance that you might win this battle gave you more hope than you've had in a long time.

Haldir saw you walk down the steps after them, saluting you in traditional elvish, "Hiril vuin..."* He bowed and took your hand, "It is good to see you alive and fairing well."

You couldn't hide a smile in your reply, "Considering my situation, yes I must agree. It's good to see you too, Haldir."

Night had fallen. Darkness and cold rock surrounded you. The men stood ready and armed on the battlements of Helms Deep, and the elves lined up along the Deeping Wall. Aragorn had placed you along the Deeping Wall with Legolas and Gimli, knowing that they would do everything to keep you safe if they could... Silence ate away at your nerves. Every inch of your body grew clammy with anticipation as you saw the flickering torches of the Uruk-hai army grow closer through the valley.
 Gimli grunted, too short to see over the wall, "You could have picked a better spot."