Apology

I watched everyone walk by, listening to the kids whining to their mothers because they were hungry.

After a while I got hungry. So, I dug into my book bag and pulled out an apple, taking a bite out of it.

"Wow that's a really big, red apple," said someone behind me, making me jump a little. I turned around and saw Glitch looking at me with a smirk.

"What are you doing here?" I asked taking another bite and looking away.

"Well, I wanted to apologize for being so rude earlier," he replied.

I stopped chewing and faced him with raised eyebrows, waiting for his apology.

"Okay, truth is, Mo made me come and apologize." He shrugged.

I sighed, unbelievable.

"You want me to accept your apology?" I squinted my eyes at him, starting to chew again and swallowed.

"Well, I guess. Yeah?" He scratched the back of his neck.  I looked at him like if he was dumb before sighing in defeat.

"Fine . . Apology accepted . . " I scoffed and looked down. He sat down next to me and put his arm around me.

"Great, we good now?" He asked, smiling.

I shook him off and scooted farther away from him.

"Yeah, I guess." I paid my attention to the people again, ignoring him.

And at the right moment the subway train to Los Angeles arrived.

"Whoops, gotta get going." I went inside and sat down. Glitch came in after me, followed by the rest who sat across from me.

^*^*^*^*^

7:56 p.m.

"Hey, Karla?" I heard Emilia say. I turned to her and smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Wanna meet back at the subway?" She asked.

"I've got a lot of stuff to unpack, but I'll let you know," I informed, shivering.

"Are you cold?" Glitch questioned. I looked at him and nodded in response. He shrugged and asked Mo for his sweater in their bag, giving it to me.

"Thanks." I said putting on the hoodie.

"Oh okay, well here's my number if you can, just call me!" She exclaimed, handing me a piece of paper. I smiled and waved as they all left. Looking at the number, I went inside.