The Red Line

Ever since I was eight I wanted to go live in California. But I needed money for that, something I did not have until a few days ago. I've been saving up for years just so I can move to California one day.

And today is that day. The day my dream living in California is going to come true. The only bad thing is that I have to go on the Red Line Subway to get to my apartment in Los Angeles, and subways were usually crowded and smelly, both unpleasant features.

As I walked into the subway my phone buzzed. It was my sister, I didn't expect her to call so soon. I landed not too long ago.

"Hello?" I asked through the phone. I heard my brother's voice telling my sister to pass it to him.

"Hey, Karla." I smiled, hearing his glitchy voice.

"Hey, Sean," I said looking at the floor.

He began to speak, and I really did want to listen, but the booming music and loud cheers distracted me. For a brief moment, I had forgotten about being on a call with my sibling.

"H-hello?" I heard Sean say.

"Wait up, Sean. I-I'll call you back." I hung up, and began walking towards the crowd of people. Many of them didn't seem so nice, and since they were a taller than me; and also because I wanted to be in the first row, I squeezed in between them.

"Excuse me." "Pardon me." "Um can I? Thanks." I said going through everyone, until I got to the front and saw a woman with straight, brown hair in a pony tail. She was wearing a pink and black crop top with four yellow stars on it. With gray shorts that went up a little higher then mid-thigh, along with leg warmers.

She was dancing perfectly. Moving her body to the rhythm of the song. A guy jumped in and started dancing also.

He was a little tall. Maybe a few inches taller than me. He had black hair with a blue streak in the front and a tail on the back of his head. He had a neon indigo shirt; black sweatpants with yellow stripes on the sides.

They both danced to the music until it stopped. Everyone cheered and clapped. The girl smiled and waved and the guy smirked and winked. They both looked at each other and shook hands. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I could tell they were encouraging each other.

Everyone else started leaving while talking about the whole thing. I stood there in awe, wishing I could dance like that. "Wow." I whispered.