(Chapter 20) Months later...

Days passed, soon nights then weeks and Alex and Logan never spoke a word again. As the school year went on they both never looked each other in the eye again. At first Alex couldn't bare ignoring Logan feeling guilty for the sadness she had caused. She could see the pain in his eyes. She'd grab the necklace that he had given her and look at the pictures from time to time while Logan would sometimes skim through the photos they took at the carnival on his computer. But soon after they stopped missing each other and returned to reality. Alex and Johnny started to hang out often after school and Logan would always spend every free time he had with Megan, in school and out. Alex also started hanging out with a new friend she made from the park when she went skateboarding named Kellin. Chelsea and Andrew never got a second date, but were still crushing on each other.

It was the end of November and the autumn nights were chilly. Alex was tying to rebuild her friendship with Riley again but failed numerous times. Soon December was in and then Christmas break. Jake was still living with Alex and her parents despite the fact that Amy was supposed to be back before October, but he didn't mind. He liked the idea of a real family for once. Looks like Alex was starting to have a real family to. Before on Christmas she'd just sleep in not expecting any presents but this year Jake and her ran down stairs to the tree like it was gold. Having Jake around she'd always feel like a kid again.

'Oh boy! A skateboard.'

'I knew you'd like it.'

'Thanks Alex!'

When New Years came along a girl named Alissa Anderson had a party and invited the whole school, well more like everyone in town. She wasn't nearly as popular as Megan but threw sick parties that everyone went to. Alex and Chelsea danced the night away. When she saw Logan and Megan there she felt the same disgust she used to feel rather than guilt, but deep down she knew she still felt pretty guilty but it was too late now.

'It's cold out here Kellin. Can we go back inside now?'

'Wait. I've been thinking about this for a while and I thought since we've been hanging out a lot lately.....well how can I put this..'

'Just spit it out.'

'Alex truth is I've been crushing on you for a while now.'

'Seriously?'

'Yeah and I was wondering if maybe you'd like to go out with me on a real date?'

Alex smiled back at Kellin and stood on her tippy toes as she gave Kellin a quick kiss on the lips.

'So can I take that as a yes?'

'Sure why not.'

After the party Alex and Kellin hooked up. They had a lot in common and she loved his flippy hair and taste in bands. But not all good things last, Kellin sadly had to move and they had to break up. Bummer. But they kept in touch and Alex wasn't hurt much anyways since she only really liked him instead of really loving him.

As January came and winter only became slightly brutal Logan and Megan were like couple of the year at school. Logan changed, he became more like the 'populars'. Not a cold harsh warden like Megan but he was more serious rather than playful like before. It's not like his family was getting any better. His mom still coming home late, his dad still just working, watching TV and ignoring them, Chad being a prick every time he's around which is only from like 8pm to 6am and Tommy, the innocent one trying to process his family falling to parts and starting to become rebellious. What a life.

Chelsea had started to forget Andrew for a while. She met this new kid names Diego and they hooked up on like the second day of him going there and of course after that he was known throughout the whole building. Andrew Also forgot about Chelsea for a while, but they haven't still fully forgotten each other. Where there is love, love will always find a way.