(Chapter 6) New little brother

'So you're telling us that you guys happened to see each other again? First yesterday now today. Either he's a stalker or I was right and you guys are connected somehow' Chelsea stated.

'Hate to break it you you Alex but I think Chelsea has a point' Ashely also said.

'Well I don't think so. We just keep running into each other because this year we have homeroom and classes together. That's it.'

'Sure' they both said together.

After they finished their ice creams, they hung out by the playground. They went back to childhood lane and played on the play ground. They went on the swings and even on the slides. When it was 5:00 pm Alex decided to head home before her parents started getting worries with her. As if they ever do. Alex went walking home and ran into an old friend.

'Alex? Alex oakman?'

'Yes and you are?'

'It's me. Johnny Salvator. Remember me from middle school?'

'Oh my gosh! Hi Johnny!'

Alex ran up to him and have him a big hug. She hadn't seen Johnny since 6th grade. They were really close friends since 4th grade and Alex even had a small crush on him in 5th grade, but she got over him. Mostly because he was a bad boy who always got in trouble. She didn't like bad boys. She was also tired of helping him out of trouble.

'How ya been Johnny? What school you go to now?'

'I'm fine. Now I go to school in another district. I'm just here visiting my uncle. How about you?'

'I'm good. Still here.'

'Well it was nice seeing you and all but I have to go before my uncle gets mad at me.'

'Well ok. How's the life of being a bad boy going' Alex said giggling with a smirk.

'Well I've kind of left that life. Now I'm just a regular guy.'

'Sure. You've said that you'd change a billion of times Johnny. I know you and you won't change.'

'Who knows maybe one day i'll leave that life for good. Now I really gotta go. Still have your old number?'

'Yeah, why?'

'I'll text you. Bye.'

'Bye Johnny!'

After Alex started heading home again. She was happy that she saw Johnny again. She knew that he said he changed she knew he would never actually change. She didn't like him anymore though. When Alex got home her parents were in the living room.

'Alex where have you been?'

'At the park. I told you guys last night at dinner that I was gonna go jogging with Chelsea and Ashely and you said it was fine.'

'Well you should've re assured us about it.'

'I'm sorry.'

'Well at least she's okay dear' Alex's father said.

'Why are you guys so worried gosh.'

'I'm sorry Alex. I'm gonna go make some food.'

Alex's mother went into the kitchen. Alex sat down in the living room with her father.

'What's up with mom?'

'She's just tense because of work.'

'Oh of course, work.'

'By the way I've got some good news.'

'What is it?'

'Aunt Amy has to go on a business trip and she needs someone to take care of jake for a week or two.'