Chapter 4

Lucy

Mama. How? I thought she died. Heck, I saw her die right in front of me. She was murdered.

"I know you're confused. You saw me die, but I'm right in front of you." I kept silent. My mother nodded at Igneel.
    "Arigatō, Igneel. You may leave now." Igneel bowed at her and left, leaving me alone with my mother.

     "Now then," she says, extending her arm to me. "Where should I start?"

Time Skip: 1 hour later

I can't believe what I just heard. I'm not the daughter of Layla and Jude Heartfilia, but the daughter of Layla and Acnologia, the Dark Dragon. Jude was just a friend of my mother. I was born human with dragon powers that was stripped away from me and was separated from the dragons at age 2. I'm the dragon princess: the daughter of all dragons. I'm the next heir to the throne.

     This is a lot to take in, but I accepted the facts. My mother never died, her murder was just an illusion to return back to the Dragon Realm, and the dragons followed.

I spent the rest of the night with my mother, and then she showed to me to my room. I couldn't believe it.

The room was at least 8 times bigger than my old apartment with a balcony that oversees the entire Realm. In the room, there was a king-sized bed, a vanity table with a mirror, a walk-in closet, and 2 other rooms. Mama opened up one of the rooms, and inside were weapons, a fighting cage, and so much more deadly stuff.

     "In case if you need to blow off some steam." she said. She closes the door and opens the other one. Inside was an egg—no wait, a dragon egg! Suddenly, it started to crack.

     "Looks like you made it just in time." Mother said. The egg cracked and out came a baby dragon. Kawaii!' ( a/n: The dragon up there is Lucy's dragon if you didn't figure it out already.) "It's a girl! So what are you going to name her?" I thought for a moment.

     "I'm going to name her Serenity."

. . .

It has been 2 weeks since I came to the Dragon Realm. I standing on the balcony with Serenity by my side. I found out that Serenity is a color-changing dragon. I figured most of her colors such as red being anger, pink for embarrassment, black for depressed/sad, and she turns back to crystal when she's her joyful self. Today, she was crystal. She jumped off the balcony and flew around.

I wonder when I'm going to start training?

     "Starting now." I jumped out of surprised to find it was Igneel behind me. How did he read my mind?

     "Most dragons can do it, but all can block others." He replied.

     "Oh." I didn't know what else to say.

       "So Hime—"

     "Please, call me Lucy. I'm not used to all the royalty thing." . "Sorry, Lucy." He corrects himself.  "So we start training now. You will start with Dragon Slayer magic with us dragons, then your mother will show you to other magic in the other Realms."

"So how long it is going to take?" I asked. " Each element takes at least 2 years to master, and there are around 20 types of dragons. But your the Dragon Princess, so you have of bit of dragon instinct in you. In other words, your training might take only less than 7 years." So I'd be around 23. I'll have to train hard if I want to prove him wrong.