Chapter 16

Levy

     When everyone was distracted by the Twin Dragon Slayers' presence, I snuck out of the bar and ran out into the forest. "As for Lucy's demonic side, the Demon King had a grudge on the Dragon Queen, so he cast a curse on Lucy, binding the demon and Lucy as one." The First's words rang in my ears. 

     She never told us specifically, but I know it's going to hurt both Mavis and Lucy. I kept on running until I was in a clearing. I know that curse! I know the spell The First is using!

     "What are you doing?" I jumped a bit at the new voice. 

      "Panther Lily!" I saw a black Exceed flying down to me. 

     "You ran out of the guild and I followed you here. What on Earth are you doing?" He asked me. 

     "Long story short, I have to go and help the First and Serenity, so don't your dare interfere!" 

     "Oh? What is this? A weak Fairy in the forest? Alone?" A voice said. I looked up to see Lucy lounging in the tree. 

      "Levy," Panther Lily transformed into his battle form and took out his sword. "get help." I refused to leave. 

     "No, you go. I'll handle her." I got in front of Lily with an arm extended out to stop him.

     "But,"

     "NOW!" I said forcefully. Panther Lily turned back to his Exceed form and flew off. 

     "Aww, the Fairy is too weak to battle me alone." Demon Lucy teased. I got really pissed at her.

     "You might look like Lu-chan, but that attitude is getting on my nerves." She frowned at me then jumped down. 

     "You know what, Levy-chan? That attitude doesn't suit you either. Roar of the Lightning Dragon!"

     "Solid Script: Shield!"

~~ Meanwhile, back to Lily ~~

     Panther Lily flew into the bar and found Gajeel. "Oi Lily! Where have you been?" He said. 

     "No time to explain! Fill you in on details on the way!" Panther Lily grabbed his back and flew out before the guild could ask. 

     "Hey! Lily, what's going on?"Gajeel struggled in the air. 

      "It's Levy." Gajeel stopped thrashing. 

      "What?" 

      "She left the bar when you guys were busy with the Twin Dragon Slayers. She left to find Lucy." Lily explained. Damn it Shrimp! What mess did you get into now? Gajeel thought.

~~ Back to Levy ~~

     I was lucky to block that attack, but I wasn't lucky for the second one. 

     "Shooting Stars!" Lucy rose her hand and the sky filled up with razor sharp stars, similar to a ninja star. She let down her hand so it aimed at me. All the stars rained down on me before I could put up another barrier. 

     "Ahhh!" I screamed in pain. The razor edges cut through my skin. I opened my eyes a bit only to see a star fall on my right eye. I screamed and covered my right eye. I felt the blood dripping slowly onto my hand. I collapsed onto my knees and curled up into a ball. Please stop! I don't want to die like this! Tears flowed out of my left eye and blood flowed out of my right. 

     "Levy!" A voice called out. I lifted my head a bit. Gajeel. A small smile formed on my face.

Gajeel

     I found Levy curled up in a ball while stars were raining down on her with Lucy laughing at her. Then, I picked up a scent. Is this, Levy's blood? 

     "Lily! Drop me down there!" Lily nodded and released me. "Levy!" I shouted. I saw her look up for a bit then she smiled. Shrimp, what did you get yourself into? Lucy looked up and saw me falling. I balled my hand into a fist and punched her as hard as I could. It hits her jaw square on, making her lose her balance and concentration. The stars disappeared before they could do even more damage. 

     "Looks like Levy-chan got some help. She really is a weakling." Lucy stands up and rubs her jaw. "Well, I'm off." Lucy disappeared. This side of Lucy really pissed me off. 

     "Ga-jeel." Levy whispered faintly. "Levy!" I rushed to her and Panther Lily. She was bleeding and in tears. Her hand was covering her right eye. "Idiot. Why did you go off on your own." I scolded her. She just smiled at me. 

    "I'm just happy that you rescued me." I felt my face burn up. Panther Lily  helped cleaned her wounds while I comfort her. 

     "Hey Levy, why are you covering your eye?" I asked worriedly. Levy stayed silent. "Levy, what happened?" I repeated myself. 

     She looks up at me and said, "The stars, they did this." She loosens her hands a bit and blood flowed down her cheek. I looked at her with wide eyes 

     "Why didn't you say so in the first place?!" I yelled at her. I tore off a strip of my shirt and wrapped it around her eye. I handed her over to Panther Lily and transformed into my Half-Blood form. "We have to take her back, now!" Panther Lily nodded and flew off with me following behind.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

     Porslylucia and Wendy got to her in time and now Levy is sleeping in the infirmary. I sat next to her and brushed the hair out of her pale face. I touched the eye patch that protected her right eye. Damn it Levy! I didn't keep my promise. I couldn't protect you!

Flashback

     After we woke up from the 7 year slumber, I met up with Levy in a field when we were still on the island. "Hey Gajeel. You wanted to see me?" Levy came up from behind and sat down next to me. 

     "Yeah. About the Grimoire Heart attack, I almost didn't get to you in time." Levy frowned at me. 

     "Gajeel, you saved me. Why are you hungover about this?" I shook my head. 

      "You don't understand. When you almost got killed back there, I felt that I couldn't protect you. Levy, I promise to you, I will never let you get hurt ever again!" Levy looked at me with surprise and hugged me. 

     "Thank you, Gajeel."

Flashback Ends

     Levy, please be okay. I love you. I took her hand and went to sleep.

********************************************************************************************

GaLe happened! *internally fangirling* What's next? (I mean, who's next.)

Please review and comment. 

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail, Hiro Mashima ows it.