3. Happy

Imagine Damon and Stefan "giving" Kol permission to be with you

Warning: Mentions of depression

You and Kol have been trying to help Damon and Stefan with some witch business for hours now but Kol keeps making you laugh. Needless to say, you two haven't been much help at all.
"I'll be back. I need to take a shower and get ready." You finally said after laughing for five minutes straight.
"Where are you going?" Stefan asked you while sitting down.
"Out with Bonnie. Elena and Caroline ditched her so I decided to hang out with her."
While you were walking upstairs you could feel Kol staring at you and it made you a little uncomfortable because you really liked him and you knew he didn't feel the same.

***

"Stop." Damon said to Kol while death glaring him.
"Stop what, exactly?" Kol asked Damon very confused.
"You know what, Kol." Stefan said while getting up and standing next to Damon.
"You're going to have to be more specific. I don't speak idiot." Kol said before smirking.
Damon rolled his eyes and started to pour a glass of bourbon "The thing you're doing with y/n. You're leading her on then you're going to hurt her."
Suddenly Kol had a look on his face that said 'I'm going to kill you'.
"You actually think I would hurt her. You obviously haven't figured it out yet but I like her. She's the only thing in this damned universe that I can tolerate for more than 5 minutes."

"Wait.. THE Kol Mikaelson, likes someone?" Damon said before Kol told him to shut it.
"If you're like any of the other guys she's been with I'll kill you. I don't care how many vampires die." Stefan said while staring at Kol.
"Like the other guys? What did they do to her?" Kol asked very concerned

"Yeah.. uh...they.." Stefan said while stuttering.
"They were dicks. They would lead her on then bam leave her. She obviously didn't take that very well so she became very depressed... and it's happened so much that she's depressed 24/7." Damon quietly said while looking at his glass of bourbon before speaking again.
"That's why I don't like how you're making her feel because I don't want you to hurt her."

"Damon, I can assure you that I'll never hurt her. If I ever do for some reason... then I'll give you the white oak stake myself."

"Wow." Stefan said while looking at Kol and then to Damon.

"So do you two trust me to be with y/n now?"

"You're a Mikaelson. I wouldn't trust you with.. well anything." Damon said to Kol before taking a sip of Bourbon and looking at Stefan.

"We're going to give you one chance with her, Kol. Don't screw this up, if you do you've already gave us permission to kill you." Stefan said while grinning.
A few seconds later Kol started to laugh which made The Salvatores very confused.

"You actually thought I needed your permission to be with y/n?"

"You actually think we'd let you be with her without our permission?" Damon said while him and Stefan walked up to face Kol.

They were inches away from each other when Kol finally said "I don't need permission to do anything." Then Kol snapped both of their necks at the same time and started smiling until he heard you coming downstairs.

"Oops." He said under his breath.