Chapter 12

Avalanna's POV

Coma.
Cancer.

The worst things you could ever get. This time it was my turn to visit Soda everyday for who knows how long. Everyday I would just stare at him hoping, praying that he would wake up soon. I would talk to him hoping he could hear me. I would hold his hand, waiting for a squeeze. I would kiss him, waiting for a smile.
Nothing.

          TWO MONTHS LATER

            He still hasn't woken up. During those two months, after the gang visited him, they would always come strait to me for a visit. I became closer to them with time. After a while, every single member of the gang from toughest to shy would come visit me constantly and individually, which made me feel good because they liked me so much as a friend. One day Steve who always made me laugh with embarrassing memories about Soda, another day Darry which would make me feel like a younger sister, another day Johnny who was interesting in telling me things in his life, another day Dally which would always make me feel tuff because he would always give me advice about it, another day Pony which would talk about the greatest movies and books, and another day Two-Bit which would always make me laugh with his jokes , but sometimes they would come visit me in pairs, trios, groups, or all together. They all said that they love talking to me. They said they found it surprising that a 9 year-old could have a mentality of someone their age because I understood everything and I explained everything to them. Eventhough It's been two months since Soda's been in a Coma, we all still go together and talk to him so he can know that we'll always be there for him no matter what.