Chapter 23

Melinda's POV

I looked my best for my date. My hair done, my make-up perfect, I wore the best outfit and I was done. I met up with him in a park. He took me to watch a Drive-in movie and I would always feel him starring at me and I would always give him a side look with a smile. When the movie ended, he walked me home. I looked at him and before I went inside, I gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"I had fun." I told him as he smiled and went inside.

The next Morning when I went to work, I saw a whole bunch of my work friends surrounding something.

"What are you guys looking at? I asked.

They all screamed. I was so confused. They pulled my arm pushing me to what they were looking at.

"Look what Sodapop brought you?" Ariel shouted excitingly.

It was red roses in a vase with a piece of my favorite cake. It said "Will you be my girlfriend?" with my favorite colored icing.

"He told us to give it to you and to answer him as soon as possible!" Ariel said still shouting.

I was shocked. I cut a piece of the cake that didn't have icing on it. Since I work at Dairy Queen, we have icing. I wrote "Yes!" and they all screamed and clapped.

I went to the DX, but I didn't see him, but I saw Steve. He would come to the therapy sessions sometimes to help me out with Sodapop.

"Hi Steve." I said.

"Melinda, it's a nice surprise, long time no see. " He said in a playful voice.

I smiled and said.

" Can you give this to Sodapop when you see him?"

He looked at the cake and smiled back and said.

"Boy he'll be happy when he sees this, you should see how much he talks about you."

All I could do was blush.