Chapter 18

The doctor gave me permission to help Sodapop with therapy. When I walked in, I saw Sodapop well dressed. He was wearing a red and white plaid unbuttoned short-sleeved shirt with a white tank top under and blue jeans instead of a hospital gown. He was wearing converse instead of being barefoot. His face wasn't bruised anymore and his hair was greased to the side instead of messy. I was startled of how fast I fell in love with Sodapop.

During therapy, we played imitating celebrities so he could fully regain his voice. So speech therapy was fine. Physical therapy was Hell.

FLASHBACK

Melinda: Come on Soda you got to get up. You got to keep walking you have the Walker to help you.

Soda: I can't, my legs hurt

Melinda: (Stronger Tone) You can't give up so fast

Soda: (Attitude) YOU TRY BEING IN A COMA FOR 2 MONTHS. (Chuckles) Sorry. It's just really hard for me right now.....(Smiling) let's try again.

RETURN FROM FLASHBACK

Eventhough we've had our disagreements during therapy, we always came out happy together. When I got home, he was all I could think about. When we were in therapy, he started walking without the Walker. We jumped with excitement and as he hugged me, he pulled me back and gave me a look. He leaned in and kissed my lips.

Beep Beep Beep Beep,

My eyes opened up finding my arms hugging my pillow. I touched my lips. I didn't believe that was a dream. The kiss seemed so real and I actually felt something I've never felt before. Not even with my ex-boyfriend who I thought I loved. I was falling for Sodapop more and more each day. I was extremely in love with him.